Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Ord. Level Option

Options
  • 29-05-2008 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

What are you answering on for the Option Question in Paper 2? Which is easiest?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Linear Programming! Can't do it to save my LIFE :o:o Freaked to the MAX.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Linear Programming is definately the easiest......... Part C can be tricky but it's the exact same every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

hahahaha really? Oh well, Maths and I just don't go hand in hand. Its strange cause my sister is an A1 honours maths student and im well.......:pac::pac: I'll start cracking on it tmw I think. Not really bothered for Maths tho thank god, only need a pass cause all my other subjects are honours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

vectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

The vast majority of of ordinary students do linear programming from what I've heard, I like it... its the exact same every year like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Ya just doing Linear Programming, Id say it is the easiest option!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

whats linear programming? is that vectors or?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 benzwOw

linear programming ftw :D its q11, and it's not vectors

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Last question in paper 2. Oddly enough i'd say its the only question in the whole maths exam where part A is harder than part B but don't let part A put you off... the vast majority of points in the linear programming questions goes towards part B which is simple and repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

lovechem wrote: »
    Linear Programming! Can't do it to save my LIFE :o:o Freaked to the MAX.

I guess you must be at a corner then.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Where exactly are you all stuck on it? It's my best question. I'll (we'll) try and help!
    (Part A can be the trickiest XD, not knowing where the lines go)

Remember to test for (0, 0) if it's true, put your lines towards (0, 0)
    To get your points, fill in 0=x, (0, ?) and 0=y, (?, 0)

Advertisement