Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Online Mini Festival June 6th-7th

Options
  • 29-05-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭

Boards “Mini Festival” of online poker.

Decided to put this in the main forum, as a lot of people don’t even bother reading the online/tournaments sub forums. If this becomes a regular tournie, from next month on, the thread will be in one of the other sub forums so hope the mods think its ok to leave it in the main forum to drum up some initial interest.

Ok it’l be a long time coming waiting for the official BSOOP, and theres been a bit of interest in the HU comp, boards only tournies etc so I’m going to run a mini series over next weekend. If it goes well or gets some interest, I’ll make it a bi-weekly/monthly thing and will collect some additional money for overall prizes, scalps, bounties etc.

For this one though, it will just be a straightforward freezeout, starting stack 1500 and blinds 15 minutes with standard prize money. This will be run on Pokerstars

It will run Friday-Saturday @9.30pm Irish Time :-) (June 6th-7th)…and consist of 4 games.

There will be a $10 on NickyOD for the Friday Holdem game and a $10 on myself for the Saturday Holdem game seeing as i made a balls of the times in the original tournies! I've also started them 30 mins earlier.

Friday @ 9.30pm - $20+2 NL Holdem
    Friday @ 9.30pm - $20+2 PL Omaha
    Saturday @ 9.30pm - $20+2 NL Holdem
    Saturday @ 9.30pm - $20+2 PL Omaha

Was going to add in Irish Iron's game to the this to count towards points, but as its on this weekend and mine is on next weekend, so i'll keep them seperate for this time. Its best 2 results from the weekend that counts towards league points so if you only play 2, thats the points you get. If you play 3 or 4, you get your 2 best points score

Players will get 5 points for playing with additional points for a FT finish.

9th – 3
    8th – 5
    7th – 7
    6th – 9
    5th – 11
    4th – 13
    3rd – 15
    2nd – 18
    1st – 23

This is only for bragging rights so there is not real incentive to finish top of the league as there is no additional prize money added for overall winners. I’d just hope boardsies play the majority of games to build of interest.

After a trial run or 2, I can tweak starting times, days, games, rules, points etc but its just fun for now and an excuse for some boards on boards violence!

PM me for password..still the same as they were originally

boards1kn6.jpg
    boards2ue9.jpg
    boards3fc0.jpg
    boards5vk3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭mormank

ah sickened. the only two time periods of the week im not free. friday evening and saturday evening....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Looks good Tony

I'll try and give the HE games a spin.

This should be in the online tourney section as well as the main board, for maximum exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

I cant play this :( Something to do with IP conflicts ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭pierce hard

looks good, ill play if im around,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Playing Holdem and Omaha at the same time? Headwrecker. I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I cant play this :( Something to do with IP conflicts ;)

haha excuses excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

You stoled my idea! Was just on to Lloyd and mods this week about setting up the Summer BSOOP. But you carry on Sir...less work for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

might try and play the friday games, defo cant play the saturday ones,
    ps. wheres the stud, horse and razz :(
    also how did u talk stars into letting u have 12 minute blinds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Just to prove that tournaments are gay and stupid I'm going to play these and lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭mormank

thats odd. is that the usual approach you have to tournies?? could explain alot!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

musician wrote: »
    Playing Holdem and Omaha at the same time? Headwrecker. I'm in.

Yep defo! Makes it al the more fun!
    zuutroy wrote: »
    You stoled my idea! Was just on to Lloyd and mods this week about setting up the Summer BSOOP. But you carry on Sir...less work for me!

Nah Zuutroy, go for it mate. This is only a practice weekend for a bit of craic. The summer BSOOP is 10 games or so, on twice a week over 5 weeks so we defo need you to set that one up. I'll be in too so good luck and looking forward to it!
    Irish Iron wrote: »
    might try and play the friday games, defo cant play the saturday ones,
    ps. wheres the stud, horse and razz :(
    also how did u talk stars into letting u have 12 minute blinds?

This is a mini series thingy..these are the most popular games so only chose NLHE/PLO to get most numbers in. Zuutroy will run the BSOOP which will include all the games above. Oh and its 15 min blinds, typo
    NickyOD wrote: »
    Just to prove that tournaments are gay and stupid I'm going to play these and lose.

Your free money is sure to build up numbers :pac: I'll also be donating free monies so theres a $40 overlay already! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

You do all realise these tournaments are on at 10 p.m eastern time, i.e 3 a.m irish time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

luckylucky wrote: »
    You do all realise these tournaments are on at 10 p.m eastern time, i.e 3 a.m irish time

woops!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

3 am? Jaysus Tony, would you not just smoke a cigarette like most blokes do after late night courting.......and watch those IP conflicts, they ruined many a relationship...:D I just cant play this with the thoughts of you sitting there in yer birthday suit abusing people in the chat box. and beating yer chest when you win a hand.......urrrrggghhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Hi Tony,
    I might play in this on the Saturday, but cant on the Friday cause playing in the WSOP live qualifier in the Egglingron in Galway.

Dont know if its any help, but Irish Iron has organised a $10 freeze-out on Stars for Monday next, june 2nd at 9pm (boards only private tourney). Details are on the online tourney section. Could that game be incorporated or is it better to keep them totally seperate? 10 registered for that game already.

Connie

Wow...how fcking stupid am I!

I'll re-do them for a reasonable time...jaysus

Cheers Barry

Edit..See original post for changes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Wow...how fcking stupid am I!

I'll re-do them for a reasonable time...jaysus

Cheers Barry

Connie, I'll think about this ^^^ for my next post

No prob tony, btw I even thought that 10 p.m Irish time was too late. ;)

Mr%20Bump.jpg

Mods,

Any chance of moving this to the online tournaments sub forum? Cheers

Tony asked me to bump this to remind everyone this is starting tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Can you PM me the PW pls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

can i get the password too, just in case i can make it and bring some dead money to the table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

pm me the passowrd will get in for the craic

I have PMd those who asked for the password. Tony wont be online till just when tourney starts so he asked if anyone has PMd him for password and not heard back.. to PM me instead.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭DBC2007

can someone pm me the passwrds for the mini series...wud be nice to play against you all:D

thanks

DBC2007 wrote: »
    can someone pm me the passwrds for the mini series...wud be nice to play against you all:D

thanks

Check your PMs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

i'm in and reg'd for tonights HE. Hopefully there will be a decent field.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

someone send me "goodluck2me" $25 and ill send it back on Ipoker please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

pokerstars have kicked me for the 14th time today. ffs!!!!!!
    and i cant re open their software, i actually have to re-install it for it to work.. its some f***ed up ****.

anyone ever encountered this before? this one is new to me

Lads,

Please use the thread in the online tournies sub forum..cheers

dont want mods giving out over a few threads about same thing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement