Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert 08

Options
  • 29-05-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

post your idea's here (study tips , during the exam , etc....)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

At the moment I've no great tips, considering its my first time doing the JC! :D But I was just thinking... Anyone use Teamspeak? I have a server ye're free to use to talk about a particular exam after we do it and all that, ie. How did you find X? Oh I did Y, Z was really hard, What are you revising for A B or C?
    If you want to come on your more than welcome, you'll have to download Teamspeak though, here . Click "Connection" in the top left, then "quick connect" the server address is ts.freetshost.co.uk:8809 Use your own name as the nick name and no need to fill in anything else.

Might sound complicated but really it isnt! :) I think it would be good for us to have a chat about upcoming exams etc. revision tips and all that, PM me if you need a hand loggin in! :D
    Its voice by the way so you'll need a mic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

At the moment I've no great tips, considering its my first time doing the JC! :D

Your frst tme?!:eek:lol!!
    +! on the teamspeak idea, but shouldn't it be used before the exams also? I'm on it now!

Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

darragh-k wrote: »
    Your frst tme?!:eek:lol!!
    +! on the teamspeak idea, but shouldn't it be used before the exams also? I'm on it now!

Darragh

Yea why not sure! :) Welcome to use it whenever you want really. Hopefuly if a few come on we can talk bout the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 oisin238

At the moment I've no great tips, considering its my first time doing the JC! :D But I was just thinking... Anyone use Teamspeak? I have a server ye're free to use to talk about a particular exam after we do it and all that, ie. How did you find X? Oh I did Y, Z was really hard, What are you revising for A B or C?
    If you want to come on your more than welcome, you'll have to download Teamspeak though, here . Click "Connection" in the top left, then "quick connect" the server address is ts.freetshost.co.uk:8809 Use your own name as the nick name and no need to fill in anything else.

Might sound complicated but really it isnt! :) I think it would be good for us to have a chat about upcoming exams etc. revision tips and all that, PM me if you need a hand loggin in! :D
    Its voice by the way so you'll need a mic!

this is really good im on it now (i have no mic at the mo but i will soon) you should all go on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are only three things you have to do to succeed in the Junior Cert. The exam is designed for people to succeed.

1. Believe you can do well.
    This where most people who do badly fall down - they give up and either leave early or leave out bits of questions.

2. Answer the right combination/number of questions.
    In every subject, this is the number one cause of people failing - leaving out questions or parts of questions. Double check all exam instructions where there is a choice within a section.

3. Answer the questions you are actually asked.
    This is why reading the question a few times is important. You cannot get marks for an excellent answer on a question that was not asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

What Spurious has just said is pretty much how to ace the JC in a nutshell, listen to her!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Megatron_X

English Paper 1 and 2 tomorrow. I'm dead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Megatron_X wrote: »
    English Paper 1 and 2 tomorrow. I'm dead :(

I am quite looking forward to it despite not having opened my English copy at all. The only part I don't like about the English paper is when you have to zoom in on a character you studied in the drama section.

It's just repeating the same ****e over and over again.

"We feel sorry for Shylock here, and we hate him there." Repeat, repeat, repat until you have writen enough.

Creative writing should be fun, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Megatron_X

We had the worst possible teacher this year! He taught us absolutely nothing.

I should have put more work in to compensate,but I didn't,and now I'm going to pay for it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 oisin238

i am so not looking forward to tomorrow i hope it goes well for all of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Im realy looking forward 2 science but English is SO unpredictable, i agree about the drama question, 2 characters in conflict Antonio and Shylock bla bla bla!! I've kinda taken 2day off just 2 relax :D

People whats done now is done and theres no going back so all we can do is try our best and from what i hear, before and after the exams is the best craic :)

Best Of Luck, LCs and College exams included!!xx

Advertisement