Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No stamped service manula, no problem

Options
  • 29-05-2008 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

Just buy one from this joker http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZmondeo4x4
    Buy a copy of the Gypsies and Drugs DVD he's selling and save on combined shipping.
    Can this dude actually do this? I know ebay dont care as long as they get their money but is it legal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

:eek:

If it is legal - it shouldn't be! In my opinion, supplying a forged service history is almost as bad as clocking a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

People giving this seller feedback after buying a blank stamped service book are a bit thick, as they are basically recording the fact that they have bought one!

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

it would be nearly as dumb as the likes of a car dealer buying a car on ebay, clocking it and then trying to sell it online!!!
    Thankfully, there are no dealers that dumb!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,989 ✭✭✭✭unkel

kbannon wrote: »
    it would be nearly as dumb as the likes of a car dealer buying a car on ebay, clocking it and then trying to sell it online!!!
    Thankfully, there are no dealers that dumb!

Except Santa*, formerly trading from the Grotto in Lucan :D

*not his real name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I love the way people on here always tell people to insist on seeing a fully stamped service history. This post just proves it's worth....................€30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I love the way people on here always tell people to insist on seeing a fully stamped service history. This post just proves it's worth....................€30

I'd rather have a service history that I can check into, rather than none at all.

Just as with a HPI check making sure that no money is owed on the car, or an AA assessor to make sure it's never been crashed and it's in good nick - all it would take is one phone call to one of the garages who "stamped" the book to verify if it's legit.

People repair crash damage and don't own up to it, people sell with finance owing, people make fake V5s and VLCs to cover a stolen car. This is just one more check you need to do to make sure your car is what it says it is.

I gotta say though, this is a disgrace that eBay would let this go on (if they know about it). I would be shocked and appalled if this wasn't illegal.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

In fairness, I think most people here tell people to insist on a verified service history. As AudiChris pointed out, a couple of calls to the garages mentioned in the book would sort it out in no time.

I know, I know. I just wanted to make the point that a lot of people take the service book in the glove box as gospel.

I 100% agree with both of you. A HPI check is nearly a must now for a purchase of any reasonably high value. Also the verifiable service history is good. Something that can be corroborated with direct contact with the garage that carried out the servicing.
    Finally getting the car professionally assessed is always worth while.

I guess there's always something lost in translation from thought to message board.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Thats unreal, it shouldn't be allowed, yet it preys on the fact that most people will fall in love with a car, glance at the history and get their cash out.

I have always kept a copy of the invoices relating to my car IN the wallet. If anyone want to phone up they can do so, AND quote the invoice number.

Its another reason why imported UK cars for sale on the Irish market should be treated with suspicion and valued accordingly. Its nice to know you can phone XYZ Dealer in this Country and verify everything.

MercMad wrote: »
    Its another reason why imported UK cars for sale on the Irish market should be treated with suspicion and valued accordingly. Its nice to know you can phone XYZ Dealer in this Country and verify everything.

I have an imported car with all the service history. It is as easy to verify the history on this as a nativey sourced one. It's just the phone call will be slightly dearer (but not always). So there should be no distinction made.

I'd treat all 2nd hand purchases equally.............................................. with suspicion.

It's a good starting point that will prevent disappointment later on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement