Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walk & a BBQ

Options
  • 29-05-2008 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi all,

I hope its ok to post this query here.. (I also put it on the nature forum)
    My girlfriend & I enjoy going for nice long walks - especially by the water but generally in natures beauty. Anyone have any good places to go for a nice walk and then enjoy a BBQ??
    I'm in the Dublin region - so any place nearby would be great
    We've done the Dublin mountains & wicklow lakes - are there any others??

I really hope there are,
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

I think there are BBQ areas by the lake in Glendalough. So you could do a loop around the lake or somesuch and then have a BBQ by the lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Not any more ... from here http://www.wicklownationalpark.ie/pages/news.php

4 May 2007 - BARBECUE BAN

A ban on coal-fired barbecues will come into effect from Saturday the 12th of May. Barbecuing has become a popular activity at Glendalough in recent times. We have tried to accommodate the increased usage of barbecues (especially disposable ones) by putting up barbecue stands, special bins, directional signage and by increasing our litter collection regime. However, the use of barbecues has increased so much that it now constitutes a safety hazard. Tables, bins, lawns and the ring fort have also been damaged.Therefore, with regret, the use of coal-fired barbecues is no longer permitted on Park lands. The ban will come into effect on Saturday 12th May. Gas barbecues will still be permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Thanks for the correction Alun I don't want to send someone out to do something dangerous/illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

cavedave wrote: »
    Thanks for the correction Alun I don't want to send someone out to do something dangerous/illegal.
    No bother :) I was out there the other day and happened to notice they'd removed all the 'tree stumps' they had there previously for putting disposable barbecues on, and all the picnic tables had big "NO BARBECUES" signs on them, so looked it up on the WMNP website to see what the deal was.

Advertisement