Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prescriptives colour-match foundation.

Options
  • 29-05-2008 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried the prescriptives foundation where they mix up a colour to suit you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I use it, I'm very pale and always find the lightest shades in the ready made foundations tend to be too orangey. I really love the prescriptives foundation, it's light but the coverage is great. If you're willing to spend the money on it it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I use the concealor and the powder - found the foundation very very heavy, but then maybe thats the way the girl put it on me..looked a mess.

Well worth the money imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Does it give good coverage, and was the colour perfectly matched to your skin? Are the concealer and powder also made specially to suit your skintone?

The concealer I got wasn't a bespoke one, it is really good though. I find the coverage of the foundation very good, it is as perfect a match to my skin tone as I think I can get, my skin is very pale, the Bobbi Brown alabaster shade, which is their lightest is too dark for me, so to be able to get a foundation made up that doesn't make me look like I put it on in the dark is a god send.

Definitely book an appointment to talk to one of the girls though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

The girls at beaut.ie rave about this stuff.
    I have yet to try it.
    The idea of a custom match foundation really appeals to me, but would hate to be disappointed if it wasn't great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

They picked one out for me at the counter, although I don't think they blended it on the spot or anything. It was from the Virtual Matte/oil control range, for a blue/red tone of skin. It was so good that when I finished it recently, I scraped out as much as I could of what was left with a cotton bud! And even though I used it alot, it lasted ages. Well worth it.... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 milis

Hi Stormwarrior

I am a devoted fan of this foundation for the last two years, it is expensive (70EUR) but you get a very good sized bottle - it lasts me 6 months and I use it every day of the week. You also get a little mini bottle which is great size for the makeup purse, plus the bottle that they mix it up in.

When you sit down with them, you can decide the level of coverage you want, if you want a highlighter mixed in (no separate Benefit highlighter/Clarins flashbalm product needed then), and they will usually try a couple of times to get the exact right mix to your skintone

Like a lot of products it is tons cheaper in the States - I got custom blend foundation, custom blend concealer and a lipgloss for the same price as the foundation here so I would recommend asking for a copy of your 'mix' so that the next time you need it and if someone is going to the US you can have them get it for you. I only got the custom blend concealer for the first time then, have to say it is great for the undereye circles.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Patti D.

Does anyone know what shops stock it in Galway/Mayo?

I'd imagine Brown Thomas in Galway will have it, no idea about Mayo though.

Advertisement