Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connected

Options
  • 29-05-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

If you haven't heard of the pace it's on Abbey St. opposite Easons. Well they do tattoos and piercings and an going to get my tongue pierced there. Just want to know has anyone been pierced there?And would you recommend them?

Thanks
    Martin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

The hip hop store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Ye they've a studio downstairs.

*bump*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Dont know anyone thats gotten anthign done there.
    Id go down and sus out the place before i get anything done.

I've been there and was told the piercer was away so I thought I'd go onto this and ask here as people on this seem to know everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 wheresmysheep

I've passed the place alot but never bothered my ass going in, its beneath a clothes store! I'd feel so wierd walking into it.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I know a guy that was a tattooing apprentice in there, but he quit (don't know why), don't think he liked the place, but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

best bet is just going some where you know is going to be good man.
    Snakebite, bodyshock and celestial ring are your best bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nesgaard

Hello folks,

I've been into connected ink on abbey street and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about these guys.

Their previous work looked pretty good and the place seemed nice, but I just can't find anything specfiic about these guys.

I'm looking to get something pretty big done, so it's fairly important that the place I find is proper.

I really only need to know what you guys know about connected ink at this point, since this is the place I've been considering to go to now.

Regards,
    me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

*merged*

Nobody here really has any experience with them.

• Advertisement

Nvm this, didnt see wilbur merged my thread into this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 wheresmysheep

well you want a big piece but what style you looking for thats the best way to look for an artist really..

Im getting a long sleve done with some american style pieces in it. Ladies, skulls, stars, cars and fire.

Oldschool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

i got 2 of mt tattoo's done there a big polish guy!
    the tattoos are good, but the one on my ankle faded really quick so i ned to get it redone!
    other than that it was ok, they werent excatly chatty, and he did seem a bit pissed off when i was explaining excatly how i wanted them done.

Was that Dariusz who did your two tattoos? Dark haired fellow :)

thats the one!
    nice enough, but didnt really try to put me at ease, or explain what he was doing.
    he worked quick but one tattoo i got done there was involved the word 'fate' and he forgot to line the t, shows his attention to detail really!

Well, I just got mine done yesterday, by Dariusz and I am pretty satisfied. Obviously an issue could be that he isn't completely fluent in english, but he was very concentrated about the details in mine. In fact we took one sitting of four hours on a piece only covering the outer side of my lower arm.

Looks awesome.

as long as your happy with it!
    i guess its just a matter of taste, weather u want someobne to put u at ease or just someone to get it done as quick as possible!

Well, I don't think thats the question. It's a matter of trusting his experience and attention to detail, since he doesn't really have a choice of comforting you.

However I would agree on the fact that it's probably not the best place to get your first tattoo, since he doesn't really focus on you being calm but rather him doing a good job.

So in the end, it all really depends on what kind of person you are and how you look at tattooing.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭leinstergurl

Have been their on numerous occasions I know the guy who owns the shop on top now called Cru clothing have gotten almost all my tattoos there they're awesome my daughter had gotten her first tattoo their and all of her piercings there

Her tattoo was done by the Polish Guy he was very sweet to her stopping every 10 to 15 minutes so she could move around not much of a talker which was ok as she was trying not to scream or cry "undignified" she called it lol

They're the best in the biz I'd recommend them anytime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i went in there about a year ago, i was looking to get someething added to a tat. the guy i was talking was out of it, he cud barley string a sentence.

i would never go back.

Advertisement