Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Cow upgrade

Options
  • 29-05-2008 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

From M50.ie
    From Saturday, 31st May, 2008, until Monday, 23rd June 2008, there will a change to the current traffic layout at the M50/N7 (Red Cow) Junction 9 to facilitate the construction of structures for the new M50/N7 Free-flow Junction.

Motorists are advised to heed the following changes:

• M50 southbound to N7 westbound traffic will be diverted south to the Ballymount Junction where it can turn back to the Red Cow Junction via a dedicated free-flow U-turn lane and the northbound N7 Off-ramp.
    • M50 southbound to City traffic will be unaffected and continue to use the existing exit into the City.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Happy Bertie

Has the new freeflow ramp that just opened from M50 southbound to N7 westbound improved the the time it takes traverse the Red Cow?

Could someone tell me the average times it took before and after the opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭rameire

Has the new freeflow ramp that just opened from M50 southbound to N7 westbound improved the the time it takes traverse the Red Cow?

its been open partially since last sunday morning, and reduces down to 1 lane when merging with the m50 north bound n7 west bound traffic, so is a bit of a mess at the moment, but they are flying along with the upgrade there, so id say they should be finished hopefully middle august

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

That reminds me that in the case of the Luas, they're rerouting it through the rebuilt junction on a new alignment which eliminates at grade crossing and smoothes out some bends. I've timed how long it takes and am gonna measure before and after to see if it's a significant saving. I estimate it'll save around 2 minutes, which is a lot better than nothing.

Advertisement