Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotmail, delivery failures after the fact

Options
  • 29-05-2008 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

ok here's the thing, split up with boyf way back, all very amicable and all, but today i open my e mail and all the messages i ever sent him to his hotmail account have come back from postmaster saying they failed to be delivered even though i know they were cause he replied to them at the time. i'm just wondering why this happened. maybe he closed his account and all his inbox gets sent back. or is he making some kind of point, even though they are all mundane messages sent long b4 we split. can you send a message back as undelivered after the fact or is this what happens if you close the account. I'm paranoid!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

He can not do that himself so it has to be a hotmail server issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Yes he can. But what would be the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Interesting, how?

Delivery failures are sent by the mail server before even touching the recipients account.

Find an smtp server which allows relaying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

but hotmail dosent allow that. But then again, he might not be on hotmail.

• Advertisement

Obviously,
    thats why i said an smtp server which allows relaying, ie spoof the headers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

no, i have it sussed!!!!! if you put messages into 'junk' rather than delete them, it sends a msg to the sender saying delivery failure. so he was just clearing his inbox as opposed to trying to make a point. Relief! This seems like a strange thing to happen but it does. i tried it with a message from one of my other accounts.

Advertisement