Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVP server?

Options
  • 29-05-2008 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

I quit wow around February due to my guild falling apart and me becoming bored with the game. I had a lv70 prot warrior and lv70 rogue on Emerald Dream (carebear server). I was playing too much and my time on it didn't seem quality time.

So alone comes conan and it has given me the wow bug again due to seeing things wow did good. Unfortunitly it has given me the taste for ganking. I pvp'd on my rogue and warrior but only BGs and arena. I want to go horde rogue to get anyway from the annoying parts of the alliance and maybe see some quests different.

I'm looking for a suggestion for a decent pvp server. Hopefully one were some world pvp still happens (damn flying mounts). I was thinking stormscale so i could do the /spit emote everytime i see Athene.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

stormscale EU

this is where real PVP goes down. CYCLONE BG

no irish players tho, and im not irish (yet) so i couldnt care less :P

we have downed mu'ru as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

salman85 wrote: »
    stormscale EU

this is where real PVP goes down. CYCLONE BG

no irish players tho, and im not irish (yet) so i couldnt care less :P

we have downed mu'ru as well :)

How is the faction ratio?

Are alliance the "Lose quick. honor per hr!" type or is horde the way forward?

Who wins most BGs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Horde is definitely the way forward on cyclone for pvping.

Well i finally rerolled yesterday on Stormscale. I rerolled as tauren druid called Mooshine (don't gank me!!). Was going to go rogue but seen people complaining about all the DPS and lack of healing in BGs now. I'll go resto when i hit lv70. Going to level as feral so i can tank and dps.

Even in the trade channel Stormscale is a big difference to Emerald Dream. Trade is more alive and active. Also lots of guilds/people looking for players for high end pve/pvp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Im thinking about rerolling on a decent pve or pvp server. But to think of all the work i'll have to do again... And then put up with being ganked over and over again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dmccaff

I quit wow around February due to my guild falling apart and me becoming bored with the game. I had a lv70 prot warrior and lv70 rogue on Emerald Dream (carebear server). I was playing too much and my time on it didn't seem quality time.

So alone comes conan and it has given me the wow bug again due to seeing things wow did good. Unfortunitly it has given me the taste for ganking. I pvp'd on my rogue and warrior but only BGs and arena. I want to go horde rogue to get anyway from the annoying parts of the alliance and maybe see some quests different.

I'm looking for a suggestion for a decent pvp server. Hopefully one were some world pvp still happens (damn flying mounts). I was thinking stormscale so i could do the /spit emote everytime i see Athene.

Any suggestions?

if you were horde on emerald dream I understand.. its about as alive as Amy Winehouse and her singing career. Alliance on Emerald Dream is super active but a bit slow PVE wise.

Kazzak is a great PVP server for both factions - constant PuG's to kara and Gruuls and loadsa guilds. I'm currently rolling a Human Mage there, name is Khadan if anyones rolling too.

dmccaff wrote: »
    if you were horde on emerald dream I understand.. its about as alive as Amy Winehouse and her singing career. Alliance on Emerald Dream is super active but a bit slow PVE wise.

Kazzak is a great PVP server for both factions - constant PuG's to kara and Gruuls and loadsa guilds. I'm currently rolling a Human Mage there, name is Khadan if anyones rolling too.

yes kazzak is amazing my guild master is from there, he is lebaneese, he has most pieces of every tier in game take ring from 3 and tier6 SW parts.

im not playing right now cuz of leaving cert :( but i'll give u a shout when i start again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Roll on a PvE server :)
    Im on Alonsus & has to be the Horde side.
    Go by the name MuppetKiller

But over all i think people are better off playing with people you know in real life. As in join the same server they are in. After that who knows

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Roll on a PvE server
    you obviously didnt really mean that did you?

AAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I have to laugh at all the gaming snobs who mock others for playing on PvE realms. These are generally the same people who cant remember the last time their holy PvP ruleset had any serious affect on their gameplay...

I can remember ganking people for an hour, going into Naxxramas. You just dont get love like that anymore ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Doing my dailys on Quel'Danas, big groups of each faction going around mauling each other....
    Good times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bring back Southshore vs Hillsbrad. Now that was PvP (well, that was good Warcraft PvP)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

PvP is a-lot of fun to start with i give it that, but i think their comes a time when you say enough is enough.... Maybe some people are real hardcore PvP. Even on my PvE server, their is people in my guild and other guilds who only PvP that's it. Now im not all that sure why they rolled on a PvE server if they like PvP so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I just re-rolled on a pve realm as a tauren, ive been questing the barrens for a while now and the ammount of pvp is mad. I had to recheck this was a pve realm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Doing my dailys on Quel'Danas, big groups of each faction going around mauling each other....
    Good times.
    You say that like you cant do that on a PvE server. PvP rulesets only change the way the game works (and therefore the fun people have) by allowing one player (or group) to attack another player (or group) when the one being attacked doesnt want to PvP. That is very rare in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i rolled on a pve till about level 30, then re rolled on a pvp and i personally wouldnt go back. yes, i have been ganked hundreds of times, but that adds an extra aspect to the game, having to constantly watch your back for that rogue you passed by a minute ago!

the fact you can transfer from pvp to pve and not vice versa says it all. roll pvp :)

Kiith wrote: »
    Bring back Southshore vs Hillsbrad. Now that was PvP (well, that was good Warcraft PvP)

Well there was a few of us pvping around there today on stormscale. My druid is now lv28. Disappointed i didn't get him to 30 today for travel form.

I'm really enjoy stormscale so far even though i'v been ganked. I got ganked at lv10 when I got the moonglade teleport spell. I teleported in at the same time as a lv70 nelf druid. Nelf looks at me, goes kitty and stealths. Waits till i'm at the npc and one shots me.

I also got ganked in Ashenvale by... a GNOME!! Bloody twinked out rogue. I don't last long to them even in bear.

Plan is to get to lv69 and then honor cap myself. By then s2 should be honor and i can buy resto gear.

Advertisement