Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas hob hell

Options
  • 29-05-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm been driven mad by the wife cause she's been driven mad by the hob . It works grand till we get half way through the bottle and then it turns every thing BLACK, pots, pans , tiles, her , Imean every thing black. Anyone know what I can do to sort this? any help welcome. otherwise gas hob for sale P.M.O. price cheap.

thanks ,
    F.S.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

By using a "bottle" I guess you're using Butane gas?

Has it always done this, or just recently?

If it's new, is the flame height abnormal? If so, it's possible that the jets installed are for natural gas, and need to be changed to ones suitable for butane.

If it's a recent occurance that never happened before, there is a problem with the mix of gas and oxygen not being right.

Either way, I'd say it'd be wise to call in a certified gasman!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'd agree with byte, get the professionals in.

Advertisement