Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is the end ...

Options
  • 29-05-2008 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

So, for some reason all your best laid plans have gone awry, your out of ammunition and your impenetrable fortress has been infiltrated by zombies. In your rush to escape you find yourself trapped in a dead end corridor with only a pistol with a single bullet and a pocket knife with which to protect yourself.

You hear moaning behind you, you turn to find the corridor behind you filling up with Z's, probably more than you can manage ...

So what do you do ?

Are you going to go down swinging ? Attack the zombies with every last breath and hope you make it (even though its looking pretty hopeless)

Or

Are you going to take the gun and destroy your frontal lobe with a blast, thus not only killing yourself but preventing yourself from re-animating ?

Personally, I'd be for the "Go down swinging" option, I don't want to give up as long as theres a breath left in me. Unfortunately, if i'm overcome by the zombies (which looks likely) then ill be resurrected as one of them ... :(

Opinions ?

Comments

I'd go out full-swing, taking out as many as possible. If and when I get bitten, I'll try and destroy my brain, so I don't re-animate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'd go out swinging. Shoot the first one in the head and then start stabbing as many as I could in the head, hopefully that'll take some down

You fùckers ain't taking me alive, I'll give you all the shìts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

The corridor has to be there for some reason!

More clues...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Didn't the guy at the end of Dawn of the Dead (orig) have to make that decision. I'd follow his lead and throw the forehead at as many as I could.

But I guess the last bullet would have to be for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

c - 13 wrote: »
    Personally, I'd be for the "Go down swinging" option, I don't want to give up as long as theres a breath left in me. Unfortunately, if i'm overcome by the zombies (which looks likely) then ill be resurrected as one of them ... :(

Was just wondering will zombies just bite you so that you become one of them or will they rip you apart and eat you in which case I don't think you would be able to reanimate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I'd build better defenses and get more ammunition....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

What kind are we talking about here? Is there anyone I have to back for? If the zombies were 28 days later style then I would take my own head off unless I had someone left to fight for. If they were normal i.e romero style zombies....

My Plan:
    Take a full sprint, jump kick into the first one (since its a corridor) this would create a domino effect if you put enough force into it and since zombies have poor motor skill they would be easily knocked down. Ultimately it would become a full force adrenalin charge sprint through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

#1 followed by #2

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Assuming that there's no getting out alive and your death is inevitable:
    If you shoot yourself, that's one less zombie walking around.
    If you shoot one of them, that's one less zombie, plus whatever damage you can do before you die and if you're killed by zombies there probably won't be enough of you to come back so that's another one.
    No brainer (gah, terrible zombie puns)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'd eat the gun. Personally I don't like the Idea of eating human meat....fresh, soft hum....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I'd shoot myself in the head.

I'd rather that then getting eaten alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I'd tap X til I find the switch to open the secret trap door!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Well speaking from experience (having had frequent zombie nightmares from about the age of 12-18) I always turn the gun on myself at the first hint of being doomed. Not only do I not want them to be eating me but I also want to avoid the terror of them coming for me. Frankly I don't see the upside of taking a few down before you go, there's plenty of em to go around. I'd probably blow my brains out at the first radio report sighting of a zombie any day other than April 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I go apes**t with the knife and take as many of them out as possible. Then if I'm bitten but intact enough to come back, I shoot myself (preferably aligning my head so that the bullet may be able to pass through me and take another one out with me but that doesn't have to happen).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

#1 followed by #2
    I dont think pissing then ****ting yourself will be much help...although appropriate considering your situation.

Advertisement