Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test Theory Questions

Options
  • 29-05-2008 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 39,162 ✭✭✭✭

What is the best way to brush up on the theory section of the full lic. text
    I have a rules of the raod book, but its aimed specificly at the provisional theory test,
    any ideas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Are you talking about the bit in the driving test where they ask you rules of the road and motorway signs etc before they take you out? If so just keep checking out the Rules of the Road book, know your signs well (9/10 of those are obvious anyway), know the stopping distances in the dry/wet - most of it's common sense anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Mellor wrote: »
    I have a rules of the raod book, but its aimed specificly at the provisional theory test,
    any ideas

Know your road signs and know stuff like- when is it ok to overtake on the left (I was asked that). the ROTR book is handy for both tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

My instructor gave me a list of questions.
    It's pretty normal stuff. The kind of things I was asked during both tests were:

What does a green light mean, ditto all the other lights.
    What does a continous/broken line mean?
    Whats the minimum tire depth.
    What do you do if you're dazzled by lights at night?
    When do you use dipped lights?
    When can you overtake on the left?
    Where can you not park?
    Legal distance from kerb and junction
    What is a box junction?
    Who are three people in authority you must stop for?
    The speed limits (ie - town and city, regional and local, national road, motorway.)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

My instructor gave me a list of questions.
    It's pretty normal stuff. The kind of things I was asked during both tests were:

What does a green light mean, ditto all the other lights.
    What does a continous/broken line mean?
    Whats the minimum tire depth.
    What do you do if you're dazzled by lights at night?
    When do you use dipped lights?
    When can you overtake on the left?
    Where can you not park?
    Legal distance from kerb and junction
    What is a box junction?
    Who are three people in authority you must stop for?
    The speed limits (ie - town and city, regional and local, national road, motorway.)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head anyway.

I was asked these- was asked what colour comes after solid amber.
    Was also asked what two rows of broken lines mean, and when can you enter a box junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,971 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

"What is a clearway/when may one park in a clearway" is another popular one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sweetbubbly

Are you sure its the rules of the road book and not the theory test book you have? I wouldnt have said the ROTR was aimed specifically at the theory test at all. But the Theory test book is a good way to brush up on your theory for the test, they usually ask about 5 questions and about 4/5 road signs.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Please try and use the quote function. It just makes life easier for people trying figure out who you're referring to. Thanks.

Advertisement