Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 29-05-2008 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi im looking to do a course in DIT for 225 points, i got 265 in the mock with no work. I have done very little work to now do you think i will get the points? i got my OC3 in maths in the mock and have done work on that so should get that anyway.
    If a course has dropped 3 years straight after a rise is it very likely to rise again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

The numbers taking the LC have declined in recent years due to there being a population low during 1989 / 1990, so I would suspect that this would continue to drop slightly. However be prepared for a rise anyway is what I'll say.

From http://www.europe.bg/en/htmls/page.php?category=5&id=8711
    This year [2007], some 50,021 will sit the exam, the lowest figure since the mid-1980s. Reflecting population trends, the numbers taking the exam are expected to continue their downward spiral until 2011, after which a sharp rise is expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

So there is a low number doing the LC this year. That could cause a drop unless the course got popular then it would go up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 whateva eva eva

Everyone said there was a decrease in the numbers sitting the leaving cert last year. It didnt seem to reflect the points though. Last year economics and finance in ucd went up 35 points after droping 10 points in 2005 and 2006. But I'd say if you got the points you got in the mocks you'd be very safe and most seem to improve on mock results anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The reason being with last year was there was more mature students applying for collge and that is gonna keep getting higher as more and more people are going back to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Jakkass wrote: »
    The numbers taking the LC have declined in recent years due to there being a population low during 1989 / 1990, so I would suspect that this would continue to drop slightly. However be prepared for a rise anyway is what I'll say.

From http://www.europe.bg/en/htmls/page.php?category=5&id=8711
    Unlucky for the poor people sitting their exams in 2011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

1huge1 wrote: »
    Unlucky for the poor people sitting their exams in 2011
    Yep, all four of them.

Timans wrote: »
    Yep, all four of them.

Dont get it??????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

gaz d wrote: »
    Dont get it??????:confused:
    Ditto

"Reflecting population trends, the numbers taking the exam are expected to continue their downward spiral until 2011"

Numbers taking the LC continue to fall until 2011. I joked saying that because of this constant downturn in LC takers that there would only be 4 people left sitting the exam..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 robck1

I get it

;)

• Advertisement

robck1 wrote: »
    I get it

;)
    Wahey!

Hi jacking my thread lads!!! :p

Advertisement