Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless problem

Options
  • 29-05-2008 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I set up my network last October and have been using it trouble free until about a week ago.
    For the last week it seeems like my router has been freezing or something, webpages don't load and give an error saying "No content" in firefox. Also, I can't stream anything off my desktop running as a server downstairs as it stops every minute or two. The connection never drops but looking at my network meter traffic stops completely (bit/s) every minute of two for less than a minute.

Looking at the log of my router (DIR-655) i'm getting a lot of these errors "Wireless system with MAC address XXXXXXXXXXXX disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication."

I've tried rebooting and resetting my router but this had no real effect. I've also tried reinstalling drivers for the wireless card on my laptop (before I found out my housemates computer was having the same problems).

I'm using my BB modem as a DHCP server, the wireless network has WPA security and is running in b/g/n mode (my laptop has N) and in mixed 20/40mhz frequency.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks,
    S.h.2001

Advertisement