Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Conundrum...

Options
  • 28-05-2008 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭

bit of a head scratcher here,as i dont know what to do.... (might be a vague thing,so bear with me...)

have an almera 96 for a year now. been insured on tesco hibernian.

ive been toying with the option of getting a newer bigger? car when my policy finishes or keep the car for another few months then upgrade.

policy renews in end of june.

thing is:
    1. No other insurers want to touch a 12 year car with someone with only 1 year NCB (which i have with tesco). (only quinn direct, ive tried about 10 others - and quinn are €200 more than tesco)

2. Tesco have given me a nice renewal quote,but, will not allow me to get a bigger car( >1.6L) since ive only 1 year NCB.

3. there's no great car thats taking my fancy at the moment.

4. budget: willing to pay 3000-3500 + whatever i get as p/x for the nissan.

5. my dream: a 00-02 car, reliable with good reviews, good fuel consumption thats not boring to look at (hint:toyotas, nissans, mitsubishi, hondas - overpriced) from these years, and im trying to go no lower than 1.4l but can go higher.

volvo s60 was a nice thought - expensive. cheapest 6000 from dealers.
    BMW 318 - interesting, would prefer a 00 looking model, not cheap
    Audi A4 - interesting again, not very cheap
    Golf - doesnt anyone around here think for some reason, they are really really, really expensive for the years and mileage?
    Bora - boring?would be an option i think....
    (by now people can maybe realise what kind of car i like...)

ive thought the mazda 323 isnt too bad look wise, but still has that boring touch?
    toyota corolla is downright ugly (that year bracket anyway)
    nissan almera - just leaving that boat behind
    mitsubishi - parents have one. it drinks petrol like an alcoholic on a bank holiday weekend.

ive seen but not researched or leaned towards:
    hyundai coupes
    Toyota celica
    Audi a3 (because i think they are overpriced as well?)

would not like british or french cars... (parents would flip - hate them cars)

anyone has any other suggestions, or any real advice to the questions above?would really appreciate.

any kind of input is welcomed and thanked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ford Focus? Not a fan myself but it would be miles ahead of almera and they are available over a huge price range at this stage. and reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Spipov

thanks.

i think i cannot afford a bmw, volvo c70 or s60.

im pretty sure now its either going to be
    1. A3
    2. A4
    3. Golf

any advice?

my ideal budget would be 3000-3500 plus what my almera would fetch for at least a 00 model....

1.6 l preffered on the audis and golf obviously only 1.4

Advertisement