Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Mulligar

Options
  • 28-05-2008 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Myself and some buddies are thinking of heading to Muilligar for a weekend in June (minaly because it's a central location for everyone going). What's to do there for a group of 3o year olds? Any karting, etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pubpub

Ambushed paintball is outside mullingar and then there is the dogs for evening time activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Check Kilbeggan to see if there is an evening race meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

theres karting in edgeworthstown which is only around 20 mins up the N4.
    they also do paintball now it seems. dunno what the paintball is like there but the karting is very good. (well at least it was a few years back!)

www.midlandkarting.com

the paintball in mullingar is really good, can work out a bit pricey but i presume thats the same with them all.

www.ambushedireland.com

dinner at the greyhound track would be a good saturday evening alright for a group.

www.mullingargreyhoundstadium.ie

there might be a good gig on in the stables also

www.stableslive.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Infusion200

For the over 30's The Final Fence is probably the best late night venue. The Stables has good music. Day Time you can play golf, go horse riding, Rent a boat on the lake. Or go to Multyfarnham and drink pints in Weirs beer garden. Food is good there as well. Check out the arts centre can have some good stuff on. The days when Mullingar women were beef to the heels is definately gone. Some of the finest women in the country to be found there these days.
    There is also GLAM. Which is the Gay & Lesbian Association of Mullingar, if any of you are that way inclined.

Where is that beech forest beside Mullingar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 gus66

it is castlepollard direction...about three miles...

gus66 wrote: »
    it is castlepollard direction...about three miles...

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

There's plenty of good fishing, check out David O'Malleys gun + fishing shop at the top of the town near the train station, you can hire out a boat on Lough Owel at very reasonable rates, he'll be able to direct you. Failing that there's loads of good rivers around.

Agree about the stables but The final fence is a dump, get into the Mullingar house before 9.30 and you'll get into mojo's for free. If you don't like the nightclub at least you can still get a drink in the main bar with no thump thump music in your ear.

As for good food I think the Annebrook hotel is really coming strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Personally I cannot recommend Ambushed Paintball. I had a very bad experience there. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

What happened ironclaw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

paint in the balls?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I had a bad experience, wrote a review and was legally challenged by them. I removed the review and life went on...

Need I say anymore? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Jesus that was a bit harsh!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Advertisement