Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groundhog Day in Comreg , Imminent Eircom Network Collapse Looming

Options
  • 28-05-2008 8:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Eircom are not performing so we will invent standards that we will all pretend to follow , this was about 2002

eircom are still not performing in 2008 , and have worsened , so we will reduce the standards and tell them they are being naughty for making us do so .

http://www.comreg.ie/publications/information_notice_-_provision_of_universal_service_by_eircom_-_performance_indicators_q4_2007.583.103100.p.html

as if anyone is surprised at Comreg and their constant downward spiral of standards :( The only thing sinking faster than Comreg performance metrics is the network itself but the Australians were hoping for a refi before this pesky credit crunch left them stuck with this near bankrupt ****heap .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Hey SB - you really should learn to say what you mean!! :D

It is extremely depressing though....

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Comreg wrote:
    For fault repairs, ComReg has moved to tighten up the speed at which repairs are
    made, so that 80% of repairs must be completed within 2 working days, and 95%
    repaired by the time agreed with the customer.

?? How does that work? ??

"Hello, my line is faulty, can you repair it?"
    "Sure, there's an 80% chance we'll have it done within 2 working days."
    "Right, but I want it done in 24 hours, won't you agree to do that?"
    "No, but we'll agree to do it in 2 months. And since we're the only people that can make the repairs, you don't have a choice but to agree. Do you agree?"
    "I guess so... :("
    "Great, see you in 8-10 weeks. Have a nice day"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

crawler wrote: »

It is extremely depressing though....

Let's just face it Comreg are utterly useless.

The problem as I see it is that Comreg are essentially funded by eircom therefore they (in Comreg) will do nothing whatsoever to see their "gravy train" being upset.

Catch 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

bealtine wrote: »
    Let's just face it Comreg are utterly useless.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/0528/comreg.html

or the interview with Alex Chisholm:

http://www.rte.ie/business/2007/1219/eircom.html, see sidebar...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

comreg should give eircom an alternative, sort it out or f*** off and we'll take over the network and theres not a single thing you can do about it, but they wouldnt have the balls to do it, instead they pussy foot around what eircom says its capable of doing

I dread to think what this country is gonna be like telecomms wise in 5-10 years time the way its going. It took me 7 months to get a phoneline connected and only then when i said they were in violation of my minimum contract of agreement as per comreg's site, then magically i got connected within 3 weeks, after which my broadband is completely botched and useless and Eircom just laugh in your face and say, well your still connected, lol, its just funny that its real

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

lmimmfn wrote: »
    comreg should give eircom an alternative, sort it out or f*** off and we'll take over the network and theres not a single thing you can do about it, but they wouldnt have the balls to do itl
    Or the legal ability, never mind will/political support.

Advertisement