Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling Doctors, Paramedics and anyone with medical training

Options
  • 28-05-2008 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

We need your help. Some of you may be aware that Ireland is hosting an international Jamboree, a BIG scout camp, in Punchasetown in August this year. There will be approx 12,000 participant on site for 10 day.

What we need is doctors, paramedics, nurses and just about anyone with medical training to volunteer and help the medical team for this event. We will take you for as many days as you can give from 1 to 14 what ever you can afford.

If you are interested you can register at http://www.jamboree2008.ie/register/staff.html for the team or email the team leader Niamh on niamhmclain@jamboree2008.ie.

Its going to be great hopefully you can help and be a part of it.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

You'll more then likely have to hire a company as individuals will be reluctant due to insurance etc.

Try private or voluntary ambulance companies

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭patrickrushe

You can contact St. John Ambulance. Follow the link:

St. John Ambulance Cork City First Aid and Ambulance Unit

They will put you in contact with a voluntary ambulance service in your area, whether it be St. John Ambulance, the Irish Red Cross, or the Order of Malta.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Uh, I believe cover was being arranged for this with the Order Of Malta - we got a call about this event months ago.

You should double check with whoever is running it because we definitely got enquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

OMAC are not doing cover for the event. were ye booked? i'd get back on to your office and check

and dont underestimate what can be dont outside the vols.

Why would you ask SJA cork about a duty in kildare? from what i hear they have enough trouble covering large duties as it is, and asking culchoes up to cover an event such as this would be unrealistic,

Shoie are us lay peopel anygood? EFr's and th elike?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Who mentioned asking SJA Cork?

the poster suggested contacting SJA via SJA Corks website !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭patrickrushe

Thanks sgt.bilko. You are correct, I wasn't suggesting SJA Cork cover anything..

Maglite, I'm sure the culchies are more than capable of holding our own.. (and then some, we own half dublin already :P)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Lads keep to topic and stop the childish Rivalry.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭JemimaPD

Unfortunately not everyone can volunteer to help the medical staff. I sent an email to Niamh and got a reply that they still required volunteers and to log on to jamboree2008.ie and reg as a member of staff. I got a reply today from Jamboree2008 saying that only Scouting members can be staff/volunteers. Therefore like myself if ur not a member of the scouting comunity u cannot volunteer unless u decide to become a member.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Shoie

JemimaPD wrote: »
    Unfortunately not everyone can volunteer to help the medical staff. I sent an email to Niamh and got a reply that they still required volunteers and to log on to jamboree2008.ie and reg as a member of staff. I got a reply today from Jamboree2008 saying that only Scouting members can be staff/volunteers. Therefore like myself if ur not a member of the scouting comunity u cannot volunteer unless u decide to become a member.:(

You can register temporarily for the duration of the Jamboree by completing the appropriate paperwork. Main aim of the paperwork is to abide by the Child Protection Policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

I thought ye had loads of Doctors, more then was at the WSJ last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Nope who told you that kris?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

Someone on the medical team im sure, but then again, its not unheard of for me to make things up either

Advertisement