Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop Icons gone mad!

Options
  • 28-05-2008 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi everyone

Just wondering if you can help me. My 14 year old brother just called to say that he turned on his laptop earlier to go onto the internet and "something weird" happened and all his icons turned sideways on his desktop.

Imagine an icon as a square box and instead of the name of the icon being on the bottom of the square its on the left hand side and the icons have turned accordingly.

Any idea how to get them back to their normal "readable" position.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

right click the desktop, go to graphics options and rotate.
    sounds like it was switched by accident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

Thanks Nerin but he has a windows vista laptop and when he right clicks on the desktop there are no graphics options. The options are

View
    Sort
    Refresh and
    Personalise

Any suggestions?
    tco

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

sorry,im on xp myself (and sticking with it :p)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ctrl+alt+ right arrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

Sorry Nerin... you're right. I thought he had the same system as me, but when he tried your option it worked, so cheers for that. He's one happy camper... he's been trying to figure it out for hours, bless!

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

feylya wrote: »
    Ctrl+alt+ right arrow.

That does nowt for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Anti wrote: »
    That does nowt for me

I'm pretty sure it's just a key-combo that comes with the control software for some graphics cards (ATI?).

Enlil_Nick wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's just a key-combo that comes with the control software for some graphics cards (ATI?).

Yeah sounds like it, I havent had an ATI card since the x1950pro. Maybe fey is just winding us up :p

Na, it's a common enough shortcut. Might be ctrl-alt-shift but I think it's just ctrl-alt

now i know your taking the michael :p

• Advertisement

Advertisement