Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent wireless help!! please

Options
  • 28-05-2008 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hey everyone, i have a big problem with my netopia router. its a 3347WG and i cant access the wireless network. i lost the set up disk, but i know there are ways, it wont allow me to access as it says i cant reach the network but its right next to it and it shows full bars. the internet works fine as in Ethernet(im using it right now)i gone to the netopia page with my network stats etc and ive tried everything even called eircome for another disk but they gave me a dial up set registration disk.( the ones you get in the newspaper..thanks eircom!!):mad:

any help would be greatly appreciated
    I really need to get this sorted!

thanks alot!:D:D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Futurepast wrote: »
    hey everyone, i have a big problem with my netopia router. its a 3347WG and i cant access the wireless network. i lost the set up disk, but i know there are ways, it wont allow me to access as it says i cant reach the network but its right next to it and it shows full bars. the internet works fine as in Ethernet(im using it right now)i gone to the netopia page with my network stats etc and ive tried everything even called eircome for another disk but they gave me a dial up set registration disk.( the ones you get in the newspaper..thanks eircom!!):mad:

any help would be greatly appreciated
    I really need to get this sorted!

thanks alot!:D:D

You dont need a disc. Access the netopia and access the wireless settings and check and see whats there. Make sure wpa is turned on - set a password change the ssid (network name) to a new one - change the wireless channel save your settings and exit. See if your pc or laptop will now see the new network

By the way it would help when posting a problem to give full details of the equipment being used anything you might have done to cause the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Futurepast

oh yea it sees the network it just wont let me connected to it. ive tried with both laptops both mac and pc. it has only ever worked with the disk. i have done everything people have told me and still no hope. i even emailed eircom and they gave me pointless instructions. it just wont let me get on the network for some strange reason, is the ssid important does it have to be a certain thing like mine now is eircom4532 5675, when first installed it was eircom.......i cant rememeber the numbers. does it have to be an exact set of numbers?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Futurepast wrote: »
    oh yea it sees the network it just wont let me connected to it. ive tried with both laptops both mac and pc. it has only ever worked with the disk. i have done everything people have told me and still no hope. i even emailed eircom and they gave me pointless instructions. it just wont let me get on the network for some strange reason, is the ssid important does it have to be a certain thing like mine now is eircom4532 5675, when first installed it was eircom.......i cant rememeber the numbers. does it have to be an exact set of numbers?

The ssid is not important as regards logging on.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

I spent 40 minutes today on the phone to a nice Indian sounding woman from tech support about a similar problem... do you have a network key/security key(whichever its called) ...its the super-long jumble of numbers and letters. I also had to do something where I make it automatically find an IP instead of using my manual one from previous provider..... oh then I needed to do this thing where I had to plug the router into the computer, open it in my browser and change the "default channel"

......maybe just ring them yourself.
    mine works now....

Advertisement