Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commerce with german

Options
  • 28-05-2008 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Anyone doing it? What's it like. How many hours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

yeah i was interested to 3rd choice :P i love the good old deutsch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Same here, its my 2nd choice, love german and the points for this course are dead low like.

Ive commerce with chinese as my 1st choice though really want to get that, and if I don't get the C1 in german I might end up with my 3rd choice which is just commerce (though its 450 points I believe)... anyway as the others asked any info would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

i got 63% in my pre and my pre oral was **** cuz i didnt know ur not meant to say "bild 1 bild 2" etc and i didnt know my role plays properly, but my real oral was grand i didnt get stuck other than i said "homer ist doof, wiel er nicht bart mit ihr hausaufgabe hilfe" and she must have thought i was some retard for saying that LOL but rest of it was grand, there was a trick with choosing pic/role play and i got computer spiele one and interview it went really smooth for most of it that simpson question was from the guy watching tv in computer spiele.

ive lost my CD for folen exams tho LOL

back on topic should be good fun :) cu guys there unless i get into biochemistry :)

I got 64% in my pre (1% off the C1 needed) but this didn't take into account a oral or a tape, my oral went very well, basically got the one's I wanted like so all worked out grand there.
    I'm very strong at tape too but german is my last exam and I'm still nervous about it because it is such a important factor if I get the courses I want.

oh and I hate grammer but luckily it makes up a small enough part of the exam...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kodmuffin

to answer the initial question!
    leomessi wrote: »
    Anyone doing it? What's it like. How many hours?

im doing it in ucd....so dont know bout ucc.......but in general its a great course with lots of opportunities,i hav about 16 hours college a week-d work load isnt half as much as some other courses........and im of the opnion every1 should do a course with erasmus!

• Advertisement

kodmuffin wrote: »
    to answer the initial question!

im doing it in ucd....so dont know bout ucc.......but in general its a great course with lots of opportunities,i hav about 16 hours college a week-d work load isnt half as much as some other courses........and im of the opnion every1 should do a course with erasmus!
    Ya ive it down in UCD as well, looks like a nice place to go

Wow I thought that was just a joke there, Im suprised the CAO would of bothered to look into it, fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Do not make accusations about someone cheating in a State Exam on this forum. First and only warning about this kind of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Doing Commerce with German,

Lots of Hours in 1st yr,I think i had 3/4 9a.m starts? Alot of the german modules have are made up largely of continuous assessment in 1st year,still have to pass the summer exams though! I loved German in school and got an A2 in honours leaving cert but I personally dont like the course and am hoping to transfer (fingers crossed) but there are people in my class who really like it.There is quite a step up in standard to university level German,so be prepared for a nice amount of learning!

Same As wrote: »
    Doing Commerce with German,

Lots of Hours in 1st yr,I think i had 3/4 9a.m starts? Alot of the german modules have are made up largely of continuous assessment in 1st year,still have to pass the summer exams though! I loved German in school and got an A2 in honours leaving cert but I personally dont like the course and am hoping to transfer (fingers crossed) but there are people in my class who really like it.There is quite a step up in standard to university level German,so be prepared for a nice amount of learning!
    Aw jeez, well can't be as hard as the commerce with chinese course so either way im in for a hard time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leomessi

Cant wait for the third year. You can go to Vienna,Nurnberg,Rostock,Konstanz,Flagenburg (or something like that)...i think that's it.

Personally I'd go to Nurnberg as it's only an hour and a half by train away from Munich( really cool place)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 claireybear

Hey guys, I just finished first year of commerce and french in UCC...a few tips for ye if you're going to do commerce and a language make sure you head to the language classes there pretty important, I didnt go to them alot and had to break my ass during the study month to pass, should have just went to the classes for a hour 3/4 times a week. I had about 14 hours each week give or take 2/3 for tutorials..theres a few lectures that you can pass the exam without going to many of the lectures..not that I recommend it!!But I just know because thats pretty much what happened to me this year. Commerce don't get alot of project work/homework, but theres a few in-class tests during the year as part of continuous assessment and it's really beneficial to you at the end if you at least pass them. Always hand up any projects given, they don't usually fail anyone on them so it's well worth it even if its a last minute thing you throw together. UCC uses blackboard as ye might already know, basically not all lecturers put the notes on blackboard so check out who doesnt and try make their lectures all the time or you'll be left with no notes at the end! Hope this will be some help to ye!;) oh I had like one 9 o'clock start on a friday, most of my starts we're 11 or 12...happy days!!

Got over a 100 points higher than what was needed for this course (going by 2007 points) but I got a C2 in German and not a C1, so guess this course is out of the question for me.

Or is there still a chance? someone I could email or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Did you get a C1 in Irish, French or another language?

Nope... but its ok now, I got commerce with german in UL, it appears that UCC is the only university that requires a C1, all the rest require a C3... shame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

1huge1 wrote: »
    Nope... but its ok now, I got commerce with german in UL, it appears that UCC is the only university that requires a C1, all the rest require a C3... shame

Yes they are quite strict when it comes to languages (see recent thread started by me).

Best of luck with your course.

Advertisement