Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to reset a car alarm?

Options
  • 28-05-2008 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I don't suppose anyone know's how to reset a MED4000 car alarm? It's on a 95-98 model Honda Civic :(

The story:
    I left the car lights on in the car yesterday morning, when I came back the battery was flat (although I didn't know it was the car battery) I was pressing my remote-control to turn the alarm off and no joy out of it.

So when I realised the car battery was flat (after 2 hours :rolleyes::rolleyes:) I got it jump-started but the immobiliser light was constant. The car started but after driving for 5 mins the hazard lights come on and stay on.

so here's the summary of my eventful day:
    1. Battery in car dies
    2. Once jump-started, the immobiliser light won't go off
    3. Hazard lights come on and stay constant on
    4. Pressing the button on the remote for the alarm has no effect
    5. Manually locking doors and pressing remote does nothing
    6. Leaving key in the door and locking/unlocking doors and pressing remote does nothing

Also, there's no key on the alarm box under the bonnet either?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Does the remote have 2 buttons on it or one and does it have an led on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

One button, and no LED :(

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Update:

I tried disconnecting the block-head from the alarm box (under the bonnet) and leaving it disconnected for over an hour. This had no impact on it.

I also tried disconnecting the main car battery, when I re-connected them back up the hazards flashed 2-3 times but the "immobiliser" light and alarm light (above rear-view mirror) came back on constant.

Advertisement