Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grey Slacks with what??

Options
  • 28-05-2008 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    Formal event coming up soon (wedding)
    & I went and bought a nice pair of Carl Gross grey slacks today along
    with a nice pair of black leather Rodi Italian slip on shoes.
    As long as nobody looks at me above the waist, im good to go,
    but supposing they do, I have no idea what shirt to buy to go with grey slacks...
    Im clueless! I do have a nice really light blue silk tie, but as I mentioned, no shirt!
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭goodburger

Any pastel colour will go with grey, some strong colours are particularly great also, like mustard and purple. I would pick out the shirt before i decided on the tie, make sure the shirt is fitted for a better look. what jacket are you wearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

A strong blue/navy could also be nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I personally wouldn't put navy with grey. Pastel colours look best I think - light pink/blue or even lilac. Cream can be nice, soft and not as boring as white and might fit in with your blue tie too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

Thanks for the replies!!
    What exactly is a pastel colour?
    Hmm a cream shirt sounds good :) Although what colour tie would you recommend?
    Since the wedding is abroad in Greece, a jacket is ruled out considering the blistering Greek sun.
    Im nearly out of my pickle!
    Thanks again & best regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

A pastel colour is any soft shade really - baby blue/pink/lemon etc.

A striped or patterned tie with either some grey or the colour of your shirt (or even both) would look good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

A pastel colour is any soft shade really - baby blue/pink/lemon etc.

A striped or patterned tie with either some grey or the colour of your shirt (or even both) would look good.

Legend!
    Im all set for the ball :)
    Many thanks for the help & best wishes.
    Shamrock

Advertisement