Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help with my skin problem?

Options
  • 28-05-2008 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

I have dry/combination skin which is quite sensitive. In the last year I've been getting these small lumps just on my cheeks. They don't look like spots, are not oily and aren't the little white cysts that are so common. They're just tiny non-coloured lumps that hang around for ages. I have about 6 or so on each cheek at the moment, varying in size. They become really visible when I wear make-up. I've asked beauticians about it and they can't really give me an answer. Does anybody have any ideas? They're depressing me :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

That sounds like Milia.

Does this look familiar? http://www.visualdxhealth.com/adult/milia.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Hmm that could be it. Mine are nowhere near as bad as the pictures on that page, but look similar. Those ones look whitish coloured, and mine aren't coloured. But that might be because they're only tiny compared to those pictures. The site didn't recommend anything I could do with them though :(

Thanks a million for the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Thank you SO much pythia, never knew what I had until I read that link.. I have that on my face and arm ( just on one though so it looks very odd! ) for years! i use St.Ives apricot scrub and its class to get rid off them from the surface of the skin but it does come back but it helps your make-up look smoother. And to mouisturise it I use silkcocks base as a wash and it really good too. Yours don't sound too bad so this will probly work well for you.. Hope this all helps!!

Thank you SO much pythia, never knew what I had until I read that link.. I have that on my face and arm ( just on one though so it looks very odd! ) for years! i use St.Ives apricot scrub and its class to get rid off them from the surface of the skin but it does come back but it helps your make-up look smoother. And to mouisturise it I use silkcocks base as a wash and it really good too. Yours don't sound too bad so this will probly work well for you.. Hope this all helps!!

I think I'll buy some St. Ives scrub then so. I have sensitive skin though so I can't be too vigourous without risk of looking like I've just had a chemical peel :eek:

Thanks for the advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 susie12tee

I think i had this. But I was blaming the pill, as i had been on it for years, and when i went off it last year my skin cleared up. I decided to go back on it again a few months ago and all these little bumps on my cheeks reappeared. Im after going off it again and they seem to be clearing up once again. This could be just a coincidence though. Im really not sure, as I didnt think the pill gave you spots!!

• Advertisement

susie12tee wrote: »
    I think i had this. But I was blaming the pill, as i had been on it for years, and when i went off it last year my skin cleared up. I decided to go back on it again a few months ago and all these little bumps on my cheeks reappeared. Im after going off it again and they seem to be clearing up once again. This could be just a coincidence though. Im really not sure, as I didnt think the pill gave you spots!!

Adult acne can be influences by hormones (which is what the pill is) so I suppose it makes sense that the pill could have been a cause for your spots

Advertisement