Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant Find newborn kittens

Options
  • 28-05-2008 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

My sisters cat had kittens somewhere and we cant find where there are
    when the mother returns to the house wh have tried everything to follow her and stalk her but she just sits down and waits till your gone
    my sister lives in a big detached house in meath on an acre so its a failry big area to search . we have a rough idea where the kittens are should we leave them be or keep trying to find them or how will we even find them ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

try and watch her from a distance maybe? from a window?

anyway, she should have been kept in a secure area if she about to have kittens and please have her and the kittens all spayed/neutered ASAP. There are enough homeless cats as it is without adding more to the population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭NedKelly

she lives on an acre so its very difficult to watch her
    she goes into a ditch accross the road so they could be anywhere
    we spent all day sunday trying fo find them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Need more info OP

Is it a mouser or a well handled cat? Did your sister make any 'nesting' boxes. Is there any other animals or changes that went on in the house. I'm sure the Mammy will bring the kittens down eventually. What you could do is make one or nesting places in nice cosy spots that the cat likes, be it in the house or in a shed (if outdoor animal). Put her food beside with a litter tray nearby if you want to coax her in to investigate.

Advertisement