Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

where can is there a good selection of speakers in dublin

Options
  • 28-05-2008 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

the rhs speakers on my beloved '88 300se are blown so they need replacing. the rears are 5.25" and the front are 3.5" (but with only 1" of depth). I need a store with a good selection of audio accessories so I can pick ones that will fit, where should i go in dublin?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Homer

, where should i go in dublin?

thanks

Eh google, probably a good start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭romperstomper

was looking for peeps here to recommend a place..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

What is a 300se, is it an E or S class ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭romperstomper

its a w126 S class. i got a set of pioneers in halford last night and fitted them and am very happy with the outcome. i really only got them there as they were the only place open when i got out of work (and there wasn't many suggestions on this thread!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Halfords stock a large selection of speakers. Don't expect however much in the way of service from the staff though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Halfords stock a large selection of speakers. Don't expect however much in the way of service from the staff though.

The staff look pretty friendly on the Halford ads during Top Gear on Dave ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

Did your Pioneers fit correctly.

Quite a few Mercs of that era used a weird size of 12cm, these days 10cm and 13cm are the nearest to it. Some companies still make some 12cm speakers to suit.

Advertisement