Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new job, legal action still pending against former employer

Options
  • 28-05-2008 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I had numerous problems with my previous employer resulting in me taking legal action against them. This action is ongoing resulting in me not working. I am going to have to take some form of employment to make ends meet. Solicitor has no problem with that.

Now here is the big problem. I was with the firm from 2004. How do I hide this fact when looking for a new position. I would suspect if a new prospective employer hears that there is ongoing legal action they will run a mile.

How would people normally cover this? Is there anyway around the problem?

thanks

Albert.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Is there anyone within your company that you can put as a reference. A friend or something that won't disclose the current situation.

It's really awkward, it's kind of a big gap to leave out of your CV. I wouldn't hire someone who had unexplainable gaps on their CV but then if they told me they were suing their past employer that might result in the same response!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I was in the same position, i gave the sales manager's email & mobile as a referee to any prospective employer's as the general manager & managing director were involved in the legal wranglings but i was good mates with the sales manager, have a new job now and intend wiping my previous employer off my CV and stating that i took parental leave to cover the gap in my CV

Advertisement