Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra Interior Door handle

Options
  • 28-05-2008 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

I am lookin for a interior door handle(the sliver part) for my opel astra 2006front passenger side.Any ideas where I can pick one up.

Went to my main dealer and was quoted €325 plus labour!!!

All i need is the handle part as the door works grand.

Any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭power2614

Bump...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

The handle cant be bought seperate, you would have to buy the full door panel. This is why you have been quoted this price. Call an opel dealer tomorrow with your trim code, will be printed below the chassis number on the drivers door pillar (will be something like XXWV XXWG etc) and get a price on the part as if is not a huge job to change it yourself if you are reasonably handy.

Thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Price a second hand one from a scrap yard too. The current Astra has been around since 2004 so there should be a few in scrap yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Whats broken exactly? Is it just the actual handle you pull and nothing else? If so surely it can be swapped from a scrap door. Just cause dealer wont sell seperately doesnt mean it cannot be done.

• Advertisement

Yea,its just the handle.Everything else works

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

You wont be able to swap the handle from a scrap yard as it is part of the door panel. But if you could find a door panel in a scrap yard with the same trim that would be perfect. would be cheaper than main dealer. Is the handle actually broken or does it just not open the door? If its just not opening the door there is a chance that the cable connecting it to the door lock has become detached and may just need to be refit.

The actual base of the handle is still in place,just the part that you pull is broken off.

Advertisement