Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different Toothpastes

Options
  • 28-05-2008 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

I just found out that there are several different types of toothpaste :pac:

I have very sensitive teeth and a pretty bad tartar problem. I never used to brush my teath up until recently but I got into the habit of doin it now so happy days. Question is, can I use a tartar toothpaste and one for sensitive teeth say one in the morning or one at night or does it have to be constant use of one or the other to get the proper effect?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

sounds like you got a few issues,
    with the tartar the pastes only reduce the rate of build up and then only slightly,first thing to do id get the tartar removed.

once the tartar is removed your sensitivity might get worse for a short time

you should get a diagnosis from a dentist as to why your teeth are sensitive

decay,failed fillings, lost fillings, gum disease, diet, exposed dentine etc. etc. etc.

then you could consider managing the sensitivity but using jsut paste is going to have little effect
    Bryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭peachystarr

Krsnik87 wrote: »
    I never used to brush my teath up until recently but I got into the habit of doin it now so happy days.

One might ask why you never used to brush your teeth, how did you ever maintain a relationship without brushing your teeth??

Advertisement