Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky box wont come on???

Options
  • 28-05-2008 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I am currently using an 8 splitter lnb i have 4 different box's connected in various room's, thats persides my point, just giving u an idea i no what im at when it comes to wiring up tuning in etc. My sky box in the kitchen has a mind of its own it only comes on occasionally. It might come on 4 a few days running then not turn on 4 a couple of weeks. I press the red button which turns to green when its workin, when its not it stays red. Any ideas its driving me mad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Box power supply might be knackered.

Assuming you've done all the simple things (replaced batteries in remote, made sure power button isn't sticking, etc) then try a forced software download.

Unplug box. Hold down back up button (on box - not remote). Plug box back in and continue to hold down button. Wait until message appears on screen and allow the box to download the software (don't switch off box until this is finished). Box will restart when finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mallynthemiddle

Ive updated all other boxs bar the one that one turn on. it wont update 4 me. The message does not even appear on the screen, but the lights do come on the front> PUZZLED

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Knackered power supply, botched firmware update, fried electronics or hit by that meteor shower you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭thomasking22008

is thunder lighting hit your sky box or not cos it seem lighting everywhere west and east and south cud damage sky box:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

my sky box is stuck in standby, tried all the fixes possible and the red light stays on, have a sky installer coming tommorow to replace the box

dont know how it happened, however there was thunder and lightning the night it stopped working, on the day after i went to turn it on and the light just wont go green

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Sam Radford

It might come on 4 a few days running then not turn on 4 a couple of weeks.

No, no, you got that wrong! If you are going to use txt-spk please do it properly:

"It m8 come on 4 a few days running then not turn on 4 2 w:eek:s."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

"It m8 come on 4 a few days running then not turn on 4 2 w:eek:s."
    2 mny vwls 4 prpr txt spk bt "w:eek:s" :mad: me L:DL.
    :cool:

Advertisement