Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test in Dundalk

Options
  • 28-05-2008 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Anyone done the test in Dundalk lately, what are the test routes like as i have my test there in two weeks and don't no the town at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

There are two test centres, one starting from the Fairways Hotel and secondly the NCT centre.

Which one is your test starting from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rushdie

im doing it in the NCT test center

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Not familar with the routes from there im afraid. I done mine from the Fairways.

I passed mine last year no problem (even though i hit the kerb while reversing)

You should get an instructor to go through the possible routes from the NCT centre as there will be a few tricky junctions.

This is what i did and helped greatly! I had a lesson before my test and the route we took on the lesson was exactly the same as the one selected for my test :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 siners71

I did mine from NCT Dundalk. 2 routes that I know are

1. NCT, right onto coes road, left to Barrack st, left to by-pass, around by Millennium Building, left again to Meadow grove (turnabout, reverse), left to Jocelyn grove, right at junction, followed by left at St.Vincent, castle rd to fair green, bridge st, newry road, bypass, back to NCT Centre.

2. NCT, right onto coes rd, right to Barrack st, right into the estate just before the point road(Turnabout, reverse), point road, avenue road, hill st bridge, right at mcdonalds, ramparts, millennium building, bypass, NCT.

Advertisement