Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Sizing

Options
  • 28-05-2008 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering what are the American Dress sizes equivilant to? For example, a size 8 in the US is what here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Ostensibly, American sizes are two smaller than ours and because sizes go up in incredements of 2 each time that means you pretty much add 4 to the American size to get the British/Irish size. Of course, even with that, some shops will vary. Over here you could find yourself a 10 in A-Wear but a 12 in TopShop.

America ... 0 .... 2 .... 4 .... 6 .... 8 ..... 10 .... 12 .... 14 .... 16 .... 18 .... 20

Ireland .... 4 .... 6 .... 8 ... 10 .. 12 .... 14 ..... 16 .... 18 .... 20 .... 22 ... 24

So if you hear an American lament "OMG, I'm sooo fat, I'm like a size 14!" just remember that (in our sizings) that would make them an 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Just add 4 to the American size to get the UK/Irish equivalent, in your example a US size 8 would be a size 12 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yes, add 4. The junior sizes come in odd numbers, 5, 7, 9, etc. I think you add 4 to these too, so you'd get an in-between size like 8-10, 10-12, 12-14 as odd numbers don't exist here.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Thanks girls,

Heading to NY & California soon and plan on picking up a good bit for my new wardrobe!!

d-redser wrote: »
    Thanks girls,

Heading to NY & California soon and plan on picking up a good bit for my new wardrobe!!

Very jealous!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what the name of the eye cream that everyone is getting, its supposed to be brilliant, anit-wrinkle etc but expensive??

Want to get that while in the US...

Yep the StriVectin, thanks a mill Pythia, could not remember the name whatsoever!!

Have you used it before?

d-redser wrote: »
    Yep the StriVectin, thanks a mill Pythia, could not remember the name whatsoever!!

Have you used it before?

Nope, but they have it in Harvey Nic's in Dundrum, you could try it there?

Advertisement