Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Latitude D600 slow boot up

Options
  • 28-05-2008 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Dell latitude D600 that takes approximately 7 minutes to boot up. I recently reinstalled windows XP on it after formatting the hard drive and all seemed fine, boot time approx 30 seconds. Then for some reason it started taking a lot longer. I have run virus scans, re-formatted and re-installed XP and als ran bootvis. My CPU is maxing out at 100% for approx 4 minutes during boot up. I booted in diagnostic mode to scan hard drive (ectended scan) but no problems were found.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Exactly what programs did you install after you reinstalled windows?

Did you install McAfee/Norton?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

All i've installed is SP2 first time nad all updates and then AVG, but I re formateed yesterday and was still taking as long to boot up with nothing installed. I've since put on SP3 and AVG 8.0

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

I had been having problems with network adaptor before I re-formatted the first time, some times I'd boot up and it would say the network drivers weren't installed but when i went to device manager and scanned for new jhardware changes the network adaptors would appear. This is the main reason I did a windows re-install.

Advertisement