Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating your drivers.

Options
  • 28-05-2008 6:06am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

So Vista SP1 isn't rolling out for me on WU so I think my drivers aren't up to date.

However the only way to check this is to go to the device manager and manually check each one. There must be over a hundred so I'm not arsed doing it that way.

any other way to update your drivers? Maybe a complete scan?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

The drivers that usually stop SP1 showing in the update are motherboard drivers , so go get those and then try again.

After that I would consider downloading the standalone version , it never showed on WU for me , I just downloaded the standalone and went from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

The one that was stopping SP1 for showing for me was the Fingerprint reader one.

I also tried the standalone update but because the computer wasn't ready it screwed up my MBR and several system files which resulted in having to do a fresh install.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Yeah I don't want to try and install it in case it screws over my computer.

What exactly do the "motherboard" drivers refer to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

It's the driver that makes THIS work.

Advertisement