Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

points question

Options
  • 28-05-2008 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

are they supposed to be going up or down in most courses this year? i'm just wondering!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

You will know when the CAO rounds are published.

Sorry for sounding like a prick, but it really makes no sense to ask
    this question. The places are static, whereas interest for
    those places is variable.

Points can either go up or down, or both.
    My course went up by 20 points last year when I thought it would go down....
    Never assume points are dependent upon anything other than supply and demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

i know,i had the same problem as yourself, the points went up. any idea if there are more or less people doing the LC this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Take an average over five years and aim for maybe twenty points above that. That should give you a decent chance of getting what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

any idea if there are more or less people doing the LC this year?

I really don't know to be honest, but judging by last year, aren't the number of applicants for the leaving cert going down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Our yearmatster said that when there's a slump in the ecomomy the points go up...

• Advertisement
Advertisement