Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 days!

Options
  • 27-05-2008 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Can't believe it's actually starting next Wednesday, in 7 days. Is everyone ready? Everyone studying like mad? Anyone nervous?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

MaltEagle wrote: »
    Can't believe it's actually starting next Wednesday, in 7 days. Is everyone ready? Everyone studying like mad? Anyone nervous?
    Nervous yes, but not as much as I was before, at this stage I just want it so out of the way yano. While in a few subjects I probably wouldn't be able to sit the exam right this minute i'm fairly close to wrapping everything up.

I'd say right not I could sit my german, geography (with a small bit more study in geo-ecology) and business exam...

But I feel ive more to revise in english.
    go over some more questions in maths.
    and a fair bit more work in biology sadly.

I could sit irish right now but it wouldnt make a difference, i havent opened a book yet and don;'t intend to, just want to pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

This time next week. WE'LL BE A HALF AN HOUR INTO ENGLISH!!! Ahhh crazy. :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭stripypumkin

O my fricken god!!!!! SCARY!!!!!!!!! times!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

I thought I would be nervous but im actually not one bit.
    I was more nervous for my Junior cert.
    I actually have maybe at the most done 5hours study over the last month, I'm really not pushed on the whole thing!
    Its like just another day for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

Im not that nervous for some reason, all i have studied is othello and a few maths formulae i need to get the head down!!! its soo hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

gaz d wrote: »
    Im not that nervous for some reason, all i have studied is othello and a few maths formulae i need to get the head down!!! its soo hard.

Same. I feel like I've done nothing yet i don't really feel under pressure or nervous. Stupidity or confidence i don't know? Head down for a good 9/10 hours each day from here on it however!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Ah sure, I'm too drunk right now to care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rm_2008

it is quite worryin 7 days but sure in 14 days its all over for me so HAPPY DAYS!! i was told i should get an A or a high B in irish so that's helpful,screwed for business and geog(dont understand either of them) grand for history and maths and french is gunna be hard aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Right now I'm more worried about there being 33 days until CAO decisions have to be finalised. :eek:

I'l slightly nervous now.. It's only Bio i'm worrying about though.. and thats my last exam! WOohoo!!! ahh.. Im sooooo glad english and home ec are on the first then! Something easy to start us off!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

gaz d wrote: »

Same as myself. Not too nervous now but come next wednesday I will be ****ting myself :(.

I'l slightly nervous now.. It's only Bio i'm worrying about though.. and thats my last exam! WOohoo!!! ahh.. Im sooooo glad english and home ec are on the first then! Something easy to start us off!!! :D
    Ya im fair nervous about biology too, its my 2nd last exam with german on that friday.

So much to study in it yet, at least im preety much finished everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I'm not nervous yet, but once I don't get through most of my chemistry course come saturday i'm gonna be in a ball crying in the corner

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mozil

hmmm I wounder if its to late to start studying??

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

It is not too late. It will require some SERIOUS effort, but I firmly beleive that I myself can go from 300 points in the mocks to 450 in the cert in 5 days.

This of course will mean staying up till 3 or 4 in the morning and GETTING OFF THIS ****ING INTERNET!

disssco wrote: »
    It is not too late. It will require some SERIOUS effort, but I firmly beleive that I myself can go from 300 points in the mocks to 450 in the cert in 5 days.

This of course will mean staying up till 3 or 4 in the morning and GETTING OFF THIS ****ING INTERNET!
    Good luck, don't tire yourself too much though, you'll need a lot of energy for the exam.

I recommend coffee and lots of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

1huge1 wrote: »
    Good luck, don't tire yourself too much though, you'll need a lot of energy for the exam.

I recommend coffee and lots of it.

Thanks! As for coffee I have nothing but utter disdain for the stuff. If I need the energy boost I'll take some sudafed non-drwosy 12 hour tablets. The pseudoephedrine in it is basically methamphetamine with an extra methyl group. Works like a charm:)

I will get plenty of sleep the night before English paper 1, and then maintain a healthy lifestyle throughout the exams.

I find that I really only can get myself motivated under serious pressure. Hence I leave everything to the last minute. Its a horrible habit that runs in my family.

Advertisement