Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new wireless card for compaq pressario

Options
  • 27-05-2008 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi,

Inlaws got a compaq pressarion laptio just over 12 months ago, and the wireless has stopped working on it. The wireless card is not even detected in device manager. I did a reseat, restore, and as a last resort re-installed (vista), but still not seeing the wireless card, so I think the card is buggered!!

Anyway, the part number is 407159-002, and seems to be quite hard to come by, not even listed on the HP website (I hate HP support). Anyone know where I could get one, or if an alternative would be available, and also, would it be possible to add bluetooth while I'm at it ?

Regards,
    Wexfordman

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You should be able to use a usb wireless adapter if you can't get an internal one. If your laptop has the option for bluetooth then you should be able to get an internal bluetooth module. Have you tried ebay for wifi module and the model no of the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Did you look on eBay? I tried searching "mini pci express wireless" and got a good few results - though most are for Dells, I can't see there being that much difference - the Dell DW1390 cards (like: http://cgi.ebay.ie/DELL-MINI-PCI-E-PCI-EXPRESS-WIRELESS-CARD-DW1390_W0QQitemZ150252116779QQihZ005QQcategoryZ74954QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) look identical to the model you mentioned (Broadcom chipset and all). Any model might work, though I'm not too sure about the 802.11n ones as they seem to require 3 aerial connections.

Advertisement