Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog spayed-now aggressive and trying to nurse.

Options
  • 27-05-2008 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

A friend of mines dog was spayed last tuesday week at approx 15months old. Prior to this (a staffie) she was a very friendly,calm and playful dog. Since the operation, shes become aggressive and narky. Shes been taking teddys out of a toy box and putting them beside her as if trying to nurse them or something and snaps if someone tries to take them off her. I feel theres too much of a coincidence between the op and the onset of this behaviour.

Anybody have any ideas. Im wondering if its a possible pseudopregancy due to hormones or that she was pregnant (male unneutered dog in house) prior to spaying and the op has confused her system.:confused::):)
    What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

I reckon maybe talk to your vet. Dogs can suffer phantom pregnancies so just to be on the safe side theres no harm in asking. I have a bitch that was spayed a few years ago and it took her a litle while to come back to her old self, but sure enough she did. It could just be a change in hormones.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I wonder if she is in pain in some way?
    Animals can get quite cranky and snappy if they have a pain. Better get back to the vet to be sure everything is ok.

Advertisement