Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injured Bird

Options
  • 27-05-2008 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

There is a bird walking around the courtyard of my apartments with an injured wing. He is walking fine but looks like he can't move his wings to fly. One of them has some feathers scraped off with quite a bit of dried blood. He's been there since this morning. Is there anything I can do? I have rang the ISPCA this evening and left a message so I'm not sure if they will come collect him tomorrow. Have given bread too. ANything else? I'm reluctant to pick him up as not sure what to do but can't just leave him

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

A useful link on injured birds in Dublin and who to contact. http://www.birdweb.net/care.html

Wildlife Rangers can be contacted via the National Parks & Wildlife Service (Dúchas), Ely Place, Dublin 2, Ph. 01-647-3000.

In the south Dublin area the ranger is Terry Doherty 01-6687051

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 educky

Thanks for coming back to me. I just hate to see something like that so will give them a shout tomorrow if he's still around. Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

educky wrote: »
    Thanks for coming back to me. I just hate to see something like that so will give them a shout tomorrow if he's still around. Ta
    Me too, the only thing with injured birds is they won't last too long on the ground with cats & foxes about :(

Advertisement