Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business ABQ, Unit 7

Options
  • 27-05-2008 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

I am having trouble studying unit 7, always had, and probably still will, I just can't understand it.
    My question is, for the ABQ, what should I learn from this Unit?
    I am staying well clear of it in the long questions, but how much can they realistically ask in the ABQ? They aren't going to ask about the Parliaments, etc in the ABQ?
    If anyone could help me at this late stage, I'd be really really greatful!
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

For the ABQ in unit 7, hmm off the top of my head, give advantages of being in EU, different types of companies (plc franchise etc and their benefits), oh and ethics and the environment. Not sure what else is in unit 7 without looking what chapters are in it but I know those are near the end so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

I dont see why everyone hates unit 7? I like the expanding the business chapter, global companies and the EU.

One question though about the EU Policies and institutions. Do we have to knoe ALL the policies? Ive learnt CAP and SEM already. Are we safe to leave one or two out?

Sa,e goes for institutions. Obviously I know the commission, parliment and concil but what about the others? Do we have to know the Court of Auditors and investment bank etc in detail too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

I bet the Q. from Unit 7 will be advantages/disadvantages of mixing in international trade

I dont see why everyone hates unit 7? I like the expanding the business chapter, global companies and the EU.

One question though about the EU Policies and institutions. Do we have to knoe ALL the policies? Ive learnt CAP and SEM already. Are we safe to leave one or two out?

Sa,e goes for institutions. Obviously I know the commission, parliment and concil but what about the others? Do we have to know the Court of Auditors and investment bank etc in detail too?
    While its unlikely they'll ask you a specific policy other than CAP who knows, then again i's say the only two questions you'd get would be
    1: discuss any european policy
    2: discuss the CAP

so I guess either way you'd be grand just learning the CAP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

In a sample ABQ, there was a question on the Competition Policy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Calorimeterman

Unit seven is one of the easiest units!!

You don't really need to know the structure of the EU, except for short questions, so all that really leaves are EU policies, international trade and global business... Oh, and don't forget the decision making process!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

MaltEagle wrote: »
    I bet the Q. from Unit 7 will be advantages/disadvantages of mixing in international trade

Mixing?? Sorry but, what exactly do you mean by this, as in getting involved in??? :p:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

He means the the advantages/disadvantages/opportunities/challenges for irish business/economy getting involved in international trade.
    Its been asked in 1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2007!!
    *-**-**-* anyone spot the pattern? !!

As for policies the following have been asked directly:
    -Competition Policy (1999)
    -Single European Market (2003 & 2005)
    -CAP or Competition policy (2006)

Any Policy has been asked in 1999 & 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

You may be on to something! Must look at that.

He means the the advantages/disadvantages/opportunities/challenges for irish business/economy getting involved in international trade.
    Its been asked in 1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2007!!
    *-**-**-* anyone spot the pattern? !!

As for policies the following have been asked directly:
    -Competition Policy (1999)
    -Single European Market (2003 & 2005)
    -CAP or Competition policy (2006)

Any Policy has been asked in 1999 & 2005
    Hmm if thats the case I really need to start going over the EU a bit more, thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

desicion making process of the eu
    the effect of the SEM on irish business, both good and bad
    distinguish between the different institutions of the EU, council of ministers, european parliment, european court of auditors and european commision
    Outline the purpose of the Competition policy, common ag. policy, eu enviormental policies, and common fisheries policy, and social policy
    explain the importance of the EU to ireland
    role of special interest groups in the decision making process of the EU
    Evaluate the impact of the EU on irish business

Everything u need to know for the EU:)
    Try finding Revise Wise:Business, very good for cramming

Advertisement