Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Facilities Survey

Options
  • 27-05-2008 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey all,

I am currently researching the IT facilities in other schools to try and see what the general standard is. If you could fill out my below questions I would really appreciate it :)

Q1: Name of school (Don't have to give)
    Q2: How many PC's are there in your school how many students do they serve?
    Q3: Can you do the ECDL (European Computer Driving License) course in your school?
    Q4: How many classes of Computing each week does each class in your school have roughly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Not giving the name but its a well known school in cork
    None
    I dont know what that is
    None

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kehoejck

titan18 wrote: »
    Not giving the name but its a well known school in cork
    None
    I dont know what that is
    None

That is pretty shocking, no computers at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Well,i think theres some old computers in the staff room and the secretary has a computer but thats it.They are also in the process of getting computers for the new tech graph CAD thing but I'm gone now so it doesnt matter to me.

There will be computers in the year after I leave.We also got a new hall which will be finished this week after I leave

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kehoejck

Ok thanks for info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

Q1: Name of school (Don't have to give) colaiste choilm cork
    Q2: How many PC's are there in your school how many students do they serve? 100 odd, i'd say close to 200, but half of them are **** as hell
    Q3: Can you do the ECDL (European Computer Driving License) course in your school? no
    Q4: How many classes of Computing each week does each class in your school have roughly? none, some for languages like about 3 a year? one this year cuz leaving cert isnt supposed to be fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dip

Q1: Name of school (Don't have to give) Scoil Naomh Uinseann, Dundalk
    Q2: How many PC's are there in your school how many students do they serve? Pff, about 80, only about 65 I'd say are working though
    Q3: Can you do the ECDL (European Computer Driving License) course in your school? Yup, all TYs do it, and if you don't do TY you do it over the course of 5th-6th year
    Q4: How many classes of Computing each week does each class in your school have roughly? 1st-3rd years; about 2 I think, TYs; about 3, 5th years; 1-2 (1 if you do Honours Maths), 6th years; 1.

Advertisement