Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple Of Questions

Options
  • 27-05-2008 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

Alright jus want to know is it

easy to get tickets for matches?
    And are they dear?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

For which team/city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

hunter164 wrote: »
    Alright jus want to know is it

easy to get tickets for matches?
    And are they dear?

Thanks

couple of questions right back at ya.

where do you want to see games? who do you want to see? When do you want to see them? what constitutes dear?

MCG tickets are roughly $35-$45
    Telstra Dome tickets $20-$50
    Subiaco $20-$50
    Skilled Stadium $25-$75
    which can all be bought if available on ticketmaster.com.au

Sydney and Brisbane sell their tickets through ticketek.com.au and are about $20-$55

And Adelaide/Port adelaide are on bass.net and are $25-$35

not all games are sell outs, but some are. You'd find it hard enough to get tickets for Geelong and used to be hard enough for West Coast, but might be ok now they are a bit ****e. Collingwood would sell out a lot of their games, and Hawthorn are getting good crowds now they are doing well. MCG has a big capacity so would get tickets there handy enough for most games, especially for the likes of Melbourne, Carlton or north Melbourne. Brisbane is usually ok for tickets, as is Sydney when at ANZ stadium. SCG would be harder, especially against good sides. I havent been to AAMI stadium so wouldnt really know how the SA sides crowds go.

keep checking the ticket websites for when individual games go on sale for general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

hanton12 wrote: »
    used to be hard enough for West Coast, but might be ok now they are a bit ****e.

Lol nope still as bad as ever. Got my first whiff of a ticket there yesterday for the Swans game next week so snapped up two. Could only get restricted viewing mind.
    hanton12 wrote: »
    I havent been to AAMI stadium so wouldnt really know how the SA sides crowds go.

Woeful tbh. Probably the easiest place to get them for right now. Commentators were giving out about how empty the stadium was the other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

I just meant in general. Nice one for the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

It's pretty easy to get tickets for the G, providing it's not the Anzac day game, or the finals. I've always just walked up and got my tickets at the ground about an hour before the game starts. The general admission tickets cost $20 and stick you way up in the rafters, but if there's a small crowd in you can just wander around and sit anywhere and they usually don't bother you. I've ended up in the members sections on level 1 a few times doing this...
    It's pretty much the same story for the Dome, only time you'll get trouble getting tickets for here is if Geelong are playing as they have a massive support base, and the tickets usually have to be bought beforehand through Ticketmaster if they're playing. It's the same setup though and $20 gets you a general admission ticket on level three.

That's my experience anyway, I haven't been to a game outside Melbourne so can't comment on other grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

That's cool would love to see a couple of games.Only time I see it is on TG4.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Me and my mates usually grab general admin tickets and then stand on Level 1.

I much prefer standing watching a game.

Advertisement