Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Crashing

Options
  • 27-05-2008 10:50am

Hey guys, picked up this game yesterday, after a bit of trouble with GAME who told me that i need to have a game card to Play it. So it was going to cost me €90 !! I knew this was incorrect so went to another shop and no problem.

Anyway , i got the game going and i have been playing up to level 9. But from level 7 to 9 i have been crashing, i can only play 10 mins and i am gone.

I am getting the blue screen of death with an error message saying ......

clock interrupt was not recieved on a secondary processor within the time interval

I am using
    Windows Vista 64
    Quad Core
    8600 GT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

have you got your windows and gfx card up to date??

yeah everything is up to date . Although somebody mentioned to me that I should really download the stand alone service pack for Vista as the auto update one is not sufficient.

I have also heard there is a problem with the 3rd core with AMD phenoms . So not sure how to go about fixing that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im using vista and autoupdate and have no crashes yet.
    Maybe rule that possible cause out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

yeah mine prompts to install the service pack too, but i ignore and i dont have any problems.

Try turning own your graphics settings if they are high, and make sure your using directx 9 and not 10 as the games not yet supported by dx10

I was playing on DX 10 with high graphics and it was fine for a while. After having those problems i dropped to 9 and to medium graphics and still no joy. Bit upsetting wanted to play it last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

If you google for the error message you can see people get it playing loads of different games, doesn't seem to be a clear cause / solution though it looks like it's hardware related.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

yeah everything is up to date . Although somebody mentioned to me that I should really download the stand alone service pack for Vista as the auto update one is not sufficient.

I have also heard there is a problem with the 3rd core with AMD phenoms . So not sure how to go about fixing that.

I did that too, as the auto-update seems to miss SP1 for some reason. I've had a few crashes, maybe 3, but thats it really. I'd say try that SP1 stand alone for starters.

I presume you've updated your GFX drivers.

BSOD's are usually hardware related are they not.

1209742389093.gif

yeah i have been looking. Not a good sign is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Maximilian wrote: »
    BSOD's are usually hardware related are they not.

Nope, they could be anything. Driver, Windows, Application or hardware problems.

From some research this seems to be a pretty common issue. The only solution I have seen is a re-install of Windows in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Maybe send the game company an e-mail and see what they say. IF its very common it might be the game its self clashing with some hardware you have. As its a very new game their is going to be problems at the start of its life.

• Advertisement

I will do that , i am on my free month so i would like to get it sorted ASAP so i will do what it takes .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

guild mate changed shader from 3 to 2 and fixed his bsods. was happening up till level 20, then after he changed the shader it stopped.

just an idea.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Maximilian wrote: »
    1209742389093.gif
    This is my new favourite photo :p

I re-installed and it worked :) Fingers crossed it stays the same. Its now gone down for 4 hours. During my play time !! Could they not do the European server at 3 am ??

Love that Data Gif too :pac:

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I had been waiting for an excuse to post it. Laughed my ass off when I first saw it.

Advertisement