Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba Laptop

Options
  • 27-05-2008 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Hi my friend has a Toshiba Satilite about 5 years old, the back light has after dying on the screen he can just about make out stuff but not really.

He wants to get it fixed but the trusty OH wants him to get it fixed. Does anybody know where's a good place to get this done and price range.
    There was a company in the Ballymount area of Dublin that used to do this.

Any help really appriciate it. Im guessing its not really that cheap to get it done either.:D

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Definitely not worth getting it done, a 5 year old laptop is essentially worthless you could buy a brand new laptop from under 400 that would do everything and more than the old toshiba. Tell your friend to check out the Dell small business section of their site and to look at the vostro range of cheap yet highly spec'd for the cash.
    If they really want to keep that laptop, and presuming it doesn't get moved around very much, they could hook up to an external monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

My advice i gave him already, its more his wife is busting his b*lls to try get it fixed instead of buying a new one!!
    I told him it wouldn't be worth the amount of money it'll cost.
    I said if he must pick up a cheap external monitor too if not i know at least one person with an external CRT monitor going a begging. I think he wants to show her the cost of fixing is mental

Advertisement