Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop wont pick up wireless!!

Options
  • 27-05-2008 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I moved into a house recently which has a belkin router in it initially my laptop would not pick the router up and after much messin around (involved goin through the routers settings and disabling and enabling my wireless card) we finally got it to connect but after a couple of weeks it has returned to my laptop being unable to find the router again!! I am not the administrator for the internet in the house and Im just wondering i there any solutuion to this other than that my housemate has changed the security settings? When I am at my parents etc the wireless works perfectly!!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Boots09 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I moved into a house recently which has a belkin router in it initially my laptop would not pick the router up and after much messin around (involved goin through the routers settings and disabling and enabling my wireless card) we finally got it to connect but after a couple of weeks it has returned to my laptop being unable to find the router again!! I am not the administrator for the internet in the house and Im just wondering i there any solutuion to this other than that my housemate has changed the security settings? When I am at my parents etc the wireless works perfectly!!

Well before anyone attempts to answer your question you really need to ask your housemate if they have changed the settings no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Boots09

Sorry I have asked him but he said he hasnt done anything to it since we got it working!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

dub45 wrote: »
    Well before anyone attempts to answer your question you really need to ask your housemate if they have changed the settings no?

Wireless broadband is usually affected by interference around the house, like a cordless phone. I would suggest first of all trying to change the wireless channel on the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

Ive had problems with that damn router before... I think it was an issue with fact I already had an IP address and subnet mask etc... instead of assuming it automatically

Advertisement