Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Q re Withdrawing From Full Tilt. Which method Costs me the least?

Options
  • 27-05-2008 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi all. Just took down the 50/50 on Full tilt. Want to withdraw all the loot before i get frisky.(9500$$) Whats the best method? My options are

A.Moneybookers (linked to my Bank account but i've never withdrawn from there to my Bank account only deposited )

B. Neteller (my primary mode of moving dough around.. Have withdrawn from here to my Bank account before but never more then E1000 at a time. I have heard people say there charges are high but i have not notices as my financial management is retarded.

C. Cheque. (never done this before, how long does it take? Commission? )

So basically Neteller is handiest for me i reckon. Should i go ahead on that or will i make a decent saving using the other two? Simple question but as i said I'm a retard with money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I use moneybookers, its pretty good. You will lose about $3 if you use moneybookers but me thinks you can afford that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Checks are free but its 5k max each 24h. Takes around 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

what's your base currency for neteller and moneybookers account?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

DBC2007 has had some nice results on FT, he should know which cashout method is best. PM him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

cooker3 wrote: »
    what's your base currency for neteller and moneybookers account?

Base is euro for both.Doesnt matter so much now, just shipped to moneybookers, I just hope they don't try and pull any more identity vefificationBS on me, i remember having to jump through a few hoops a while back.

Just for future reference, I get screwed on Neteller transactions because base currency is Euro, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Ok money just hit moneybookers -E70!!

I decided to withdraw E4000. Popped that int Xe.com and it said E4000=$6289.
    So i withdrew $6300.
    E3929 shows up in Moneybookers.Thats 6179$ on Xe.
    So i've lost E70/121$ for the privelge of withdrawing my dough.
    Can someone explain this to me? It sounds a bit much?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Ok money just hit moneybookers -E70!!

I decided to withdraw E4000. Popped that int Xe.com and it said E4000=$6289.
    So i withdrew $6300.
    E3929 shows up in Moneybookers.Thats 6179$ on Xe.
    So i've lost E70/121$ for the privelge of withdrawing my dough.
    Can someone explain this to me? It sounds a bit much?

This is why I asked the base currency for each one :)
    The fees for withdrawing for each are immeterial compared to fees you pay for currency exchange. You should get 1 of them set up in $ to off set it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭SuperHans

Moneybookers, Neteller etc. screw you on the exchange rate. Your bank would have converted a dollar cheque without commission(BOI do anyway). The banks secretly charge you in the form of the bid offer spread, but nowhere near to the same extent as the online wallets.
    Unlucky this time, but in future try to set up your poker account in euro if possible. This way you avoid any exchange fees.
    If the site is American and you have to deposit in dollars taking a cheque is always the cheapest option. Even if you change your moneybookers/neteller account to euros I think you still get charged exchange rate fees when depositing to/withdrawing from the sites. I found this out the hard way.
    If you cannot withdraw all of your money from a site in the form of a cheque, you can withdraw to a dollar denominated neteller account and request a cheque(don't know about moneybookers) at the cost of $10.

Advertisement