Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scrappage Deal

Options
  • 27-05-2008 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know anything about getting a scrappage deal on a car?

Somebody in work mentioned it that I might get a better scrappage deal than a trade in?

I drive a 1996 Seat Ibiza. Its a great little car. Only 59000miles on it. It'd be sad to see it been torn apart for parts but if i get get more money than a trade in I'd be delighted!

Any info would be great

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Even in todays market where virtually nobody is buying, you still should get decent enough money for a starter car like yours in a private sale.

Especially if it is as good as you say/think.

Then, with cash in hand and without a trade in, you'll get the best price possible from any dealer anxious to shift their stock.

EDIT

A "scrappage deal" doesn't necessarily mean that the car will be scrapped, or that the dealer will make any money from it.
    Look at it as a discount the dealer is willing to give regardless of what you leave behind as a trade in.

Theoretically you should get the same amount off if you have no trade in and pay in cash.

Advertisement