Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ranger/Bear Shaman PVP

Options
  • 27-05-2008 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Right well I know I'm deffo joining a pvp server for sure.

Still not sure what class I'll try 1st though.

I am interested in the Ranger but I still wanna do a bit of melee combat.

Is that class totally and utterly useless up close? All the videos I've seen show people firing arrows at point blank range while being battered with swords etc and the usual win. But this seems kinda silly to me.

Anyone playing Ranger on pvp? Experiences?

I'm also looking @ Bear Shaman, mainly cause I played as Shaman in wow back when I played it a little and really enjoyed the class.

But I dunno if its that good a class in this or what, plus I don't really like how he can only use hammers and nothing else.

Opinions? Experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just overall on the Bear Shaman...

If you choose this class have some patience. 1 - 15 is painful, dying lots etc. Especially pvp. Any of the rogue or warrior classes will 2 or 3 shot you. After lvl15 you get decent spells and combos and you can begin to hold your own. Your combat is melee based and it will take longer to kill things than warriors or rogues but if you can use heals effectively this means that you can chain a few kills in a row.

The major issue I find with the BS is that although alot of your self buffs are health based in some way your health can drop very very quickly if you're not careful. The key is to control your opponent, lash on a few hots then and batter them. I'm only lvl20 so can't really comment on anything after the noob area or on proper pvp.

PvP on the noob island can be a little frustrating. There's a place called "White Sands Isle". Go there if you want to pvp, but bring friends. If you go after people on your own you will get ganked pretty quickly. There's usually 2 or 3 groups of 3 going around pwning people (did it myself yesterday, good times). The OOC chat is usually full of people complaining about being ganked repeatedly, who are usually silenced by a simple "You rolled on a pvp server".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Can you recommend a pvp server guys?

I bought it today and its installing. A friend from wow has been bugging me to get it as he is aswell. I want to roll pvp this time and not listen to him about pve (God i hate emerald dream before i left wow).

Since i was a warrior/tank when i started wow and by the end a rogue, i'm gonna roll rogue. I never got to trully gank anyone in wow so maybe this is my chance :pac:

Advertisement