Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 hours later

Options
  • 26-05-2008 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

help cant hear sound ? no audio device , think it should be C-Media AC97 Audio Device . its not their , must have been removed some how , searched for free downloads but nothing has worked , reset to other date but nothing . any help please please please please , I'm not great with computers and this is driving me mad .:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Right click My Computer and select Manage from menu on window that opens select device manager and look for audio devices, if there is a problem then there will be a ? next to it in a triangle.

Try that 1st (assuming that the sound is not just muted!!) ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bogwarrior

thanks for the reply , at that point their is an ! mark by C-Media AC97 Audio device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

make sure the sound,windows audio service is on/enabled .you could use windows restore but then you will lose some data,like mp3s ,photos ,since the last restore point.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

gamer wrote: »
    make sure the sound,windows audio service is on/enabled .you could use windows restore but then you will lose some data,like mp3s ,photos ,since the last restore point.

you don't lose personal data like that with the xp restore......

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Download Realtek AC'97 drivers, should work :)

Nick

• Advertisement

tried lots of down loads , most want a subscription before the free down load tried that realtek download took 25 Min's and then nothing .all time spent tonight would add up to about 4 hours with no results . fcku im going mad . any other advice of what i should do besides hit this bucket of rubbish with a hammer . can it be that hard to go to a site and download an audio device ,yes i think .what am i doing wrong ? any help out their please :( if not i will have to take it to the shop and pay out what i haveint got , at my end.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Remove the device with an exclamation mark in device manager. (right click, uninstall)

Have the realtek drivers that you downloaded on the desktop.

Reboot the pc.

When the found new hardware wizard appears after you reboot, click cancel.

Run the realtek drivers installation.

Hopefully this should work.

And it should be these drivers that you downloaded:

ftp://152.104.238.19/pc/audio/WDM_A404.exe

HTH

thank you , thank you , thank you , wired for sound again thanks Neo Rox , and all who posted now its working I'm getting a bit of a buzz from my tunes again , love music . thank you thank you :D

Advertisement